Happy Waitangi Day!

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Goatman, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...if a day late ( and a dollar short) like a true Brit.

I will raise a glass in honour this evening, as it is never too late to celebrate this auspicious day :-D
    Can't get Speights over here so have to make do with Becks

( I won't ask how to say 'Cheers' in Maori as i am due to visit later this year... knowing Arrse I would end up being punched senseless for happily telling a 180 pound prop forward to bite himself. )

Viva Waitangi !

2. SPIDER38

SPIDER38 On ROPs

Several years ago i had the pleasure of attending a maor'ie [bit like a church] on Waiheke island during a waitangi day,we were in a large room with about three hundred other tourist mostly American anyway in the middle was a large table with several moari leaders dressed in their finest gear,at first when they started talking in their own language we [me and two mates] and no doubt everyone else listened respectfully..for the first TWENTY minutes at least after this it started to go on a bit yap,yap,yap...not surprising as no one else spoke or understood moari and we were there for the hungi,anyway just as we were getting restless and at a point of complete silence someone in the room let out THE loudest FART i have ever heard...it was so inappropriatley appropriate ......but the strangest thing was no-one except us laughed,and we BELLY laughed......i began to piss myself and my oppos had tears streamming down their faces,at this point i realised that i had to get out [or be thrown out] so i stood up and walked towards a door closest to me...which i opened only to realise it was in fact a cupboard,i was on the verge of walking in due to my embarrasment and the fact i was still doubled over with laughter....but in the end i just had to man up and head to the main door,past the table,i have no idea who it was that farted i suspect it was an old bloke opposite,but it was brilliant ....thankfully they didn't take any offence at the hangi afterwards.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

And a Happy Waitangi Day to everyone in Aotearoha today :)

Son passed his CPL - break out the L&P !
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I booked today off as well, 4 day break,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,