Happy Waitangi Day!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...if a day late ( and a dollar short) like a true Brit.

I will raise a glass in honour this evening, as it is never too late to celebrate this auspicious day :-D
Can't get Speights over here so have to make do with Becks

( I won't ask how to say 'Cheers' in Maori as i am due to visit later this year... knowing Arrse I would end up being punched senseless for happily telling a 180 pound prop forward to bite himself. )

Viva Waitangi !

Goats

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
Several years ago i had the pleasure of attending a maor'ie [bit like a church] on Waiheke island during a waitangi day,we were in a large room with about three hundred other tourist mostly American anyway in the middle was a large table with several moari leaders dressed in their finest gear,at first when they started talking in their own language we [me and two mates] and no doubt everyone else listened respectfully..for the first TWENTY minutes at least after this it started to go on a bit yap,yap,yap...not surprising as no one else spoke or understood moari and we were there for the hungi,anyway just as we were getting restless and at a point of complete silence someone in the room let out THE loudest FART i have ever heard...it was so inappropriatley appropriate ......but the strangest thing was no-one except us laughed,and we BELLY laughed......i began to piss myself and my oppos had tears streamming down their faces,at this point i realised that i had to get out [or be thrown out] so i stood up and walked towards a door closest to me...which i opened only to realise it was in fact a cupboard,i was on the verge of walking in due to my embarrasment and the fact i was still doubled over with laughter....but in the end i just had to man up and head to the main door,past the table,i have no idea who it was that farted i suspect it was an old bloke opposite,but it was brilliant ....thankfully they didn't take any offence at the hangi afterwards.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
And a Happy Waitangi Day to everyone in Aotearoha today :)

Son passed his CPL - break out the L&P !

I booked today off as well, 4 day break,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The Intelligence Cell 23
GunnersQuadrant The Intelligence Cell 3
E The Intelligence Cell 8