Happy Veterans Day

To all of the old and bold and to those of us who are still dashingly handsome with our own hair who have served:

HAPPY VETERANS DAY 27 JUN 2008

Veterans Day Events

Own hair just every so slightly lighter in colour.

Live in Staines, work in frimley on the search nothing nearer than Hounslow or Southsea. Thats a shame. Absolutely nothing in or around Aldershot

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
To all the old and bold and smelling of mould hope you all enjoy YOUR day.

ugly

LE
Event details
Map data ©2008 Tele Atlas - Terms of Use
Add your pictures from Flickr
(None yet) How to share your pictures
Veterans Day - Brighton
Location Brighton Pavillion
Brighton
Brighton
BN1 1EE
Date 27 June 2008 , 12:00 - 17:00
Flickr tag upcoming:event=753536
Details: Event is going to be staged on Friday the 27th June in the Royal Pavilion Gardens and along the Newly developed New Road. The event will start at noon and run till approximately 5pm. We are going to have a main stage where there will be entertainment, videos and a Veterans Badge presentation to take place. the Veterans Day celebrations will include the Mayor of Brighton and Hove as well as our local MP David Lepper. As well as the main stage we are having static displays from Veterans agencies, Displays from Chefs, local services and other local Veterans displaying their skills. All welcome. Contact -------- Name: Aaron robin Phone: 1273291215 Email: Aaron.Robin@Brighton-Hove.gov.uk
So gay former acc doing pancake tossing on a stage then? WTF is that all about and how will any of this highlight veteran issues or even ensure the money reaches those in need the most?
Fecking new labour paper over the cracks with a sop to heritage and the sweat and blood spilt for this ungrateful nation or at least its ungrateful so called leaders.

I might just wear that little badge that HMG gave me recently. Hasn't had an outing yet.

ugly

LE
Didnt know the TA got them?
Makes ense though nowadays especially!

B

Biscuits_AB

I'm not old enough to be a veteran yet. Veteran's are old fella's who previously drove Sherman tanks and who stormed pill boxes armed with nothing more than an entrenchment tool and a tin of corned beef, who flew Hurricanes over Kent and who sailed around the globe in big grey boats and who fought in a thousand small wars ever since.

Myself, I was personally decorated for my roles in both the Second battle of the Sennelager Strip, and the relief of Geordie's Bar.

Happy Veteran's Day you older chaps :salut:

Biscuits_AB said:
I'm not old enough to be a veteran yet. Veteran's are old fella's who previously drove Sherman tanks and who stormed pill boxes armed with nothing more than an entrenchment tool and a tin of corned beef, who flew Hurricanes over Kent and who sailed around the globe in big grey boats and who fought in a thousand small wars ever since.

Happy Veteran's Day you older chaps :salut:
Do the 'thousand small wars' include Korea, NI, FI, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone etc..?

B

Biscuits_AB

F*ck me, the outrage bus is on time today. It does mate yeah, and I know that some of them weren't short, I've been in two of them, yaakka, yakka, yakka, I just didn't want to have to write them all out as it would have taken ages and was merely looking for a simple manner by which to encompass all into one 'small' statement, however next time, I'll do it just to save you being offended on behalf of the nation.

I didn't serve in five small to medium sized wars and a slightly pointless UK Op to have Biscuits post things like this!! I remain of course, outraged, sir!

[align=center]

"Of course fat birding was much harder when I was a soldier, miss. Nice ginger hair too..." [/align]

Filbert Fox said:
To all of the old and bold and to those of us who are still dashingly handsome with our own hair who have served:

I wouldn't be too proud of that, knowing the shade of it.

Tech x 3 says "fcuk off"!

Oh, yeh & sorry ............

I hope all you old guys out there had a lovely day. We were thinking of you.

gado said:
Filbert Fox said:

I wouldn't be too proud of that, knowing the shade of it.

Tech x 3 says "fcuk off"!
I would like to point out that I have every single strand of my hair, I just keep it in a bag in the attic. :D

Hope you all had a good day, ours was warm.

Warm here today too, we will be having a drink at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi today to all those who have had the privelege of taking "The Queen's Shilling! and having worn Her Majesty's uniform at some stage

It was good to see that 1 CSMR held a Veterans Day BBQ, although they seem to have forgotten to invite the veterans, such as the recently retired ex-RAMC WO1 and ex-RAMC Sgt (who retired from 1 CS!) who actually work on the barracks. Good planning lads. :roll:

probably