Happy Veterans Day

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Filbert Fox, Jun 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To all of the old and bold and to those of us who are still dashingly handsome with our own hair who have served:

Veterans Day Events
  2. Own hair just every so slightly lighter in colour.

Live in Staines, work in frimley on the search nothing nearer than Hounslow or Southsea. Thats a shame. Absolutely nothing in or around Aldershot
  3. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

To all the old and bold and smelling of mould hope you all enjoy YOUR day.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So gay former acc doing pancake tossing on a stage then? WTF is that all about and how will any of this highlight veteran issues or even ensure the money reaches those in need the most?
    Fecking new labour paper over the cracks with a sop to heritage and the sweat and blood spilt for this ungrateful nation or at least its ungrateful so called leaders.
  5. I might just wear that little badge that HMG gave me recently. Hasn't had an outing yet.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Didnt know the TA got them?
    Makes ense though nowadays especially!
  7. I'm not old enough to be a veteran yet. Veteran's are old fella's who previously drove Sherman tanks and who stormed pill boxes armed with nothing more than an entrenchment tool and a tin of corned beef, who flew Hurricanes over Kent and who sailed around the globe in big grey boats and who fought in a thousand small wars ever since.

Myself, I was personally decorated for my roles in both the Second battle of the Sennelager Strip, and the relief of Geordie's Bar.

Happy Veteran's Day you older chaps :salut:
  8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hey thats me down to a T
  9. Do the 'thousand small wars' include Korea, NI, FI, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone etc..?
  10. F*ck me, the outrage bus is on time today. It does mate yeah, and I know that some of them weren't short, I've been in two of them, yaakka, yakka, yakka, I just didn't want to have to write them all out as it would have taken ages and was merely looking for a simple manner by which to encompass all into one 'small' statement, however next time, I'll do it just to save you being offended on behalf of the nation.
  11. I didn't serve in five small to medium sized wars and a slightly pointless UK Op to have Biscuits post things like this!! I remain of course, outraged, sir!

"Of course fat birding was much harder when I was a soldier, miss. Nice ginger hair too..." [/align]
  12. Outraged it is then.
  13. I wouldn't be too proud of that, knowing the shade of it.

Tech x 3 says "fcuk off"!
  14. Oh, yeh & sorry ............

I hope all you old guys out there had a lovely day. We were thinking of you.
  15. I would like to point out that I have every single strand of my hair, I just keep it in a bag in the attic. :D

Hope you all had a good day, ours was warm.