Happy Thanksgiving, Yankee types

We had Thanksgiving in Canada in October when the food was coming in fresh.

The Americans were late for WWI and late for WWII It should be no surprise that they are late for Thanksgiving as well.
Sorry, we didnt get the order to support uncle Georgie V in his dick measuring contest against Cousin Willie II, you slave subjects had to go, we didnt

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
One? Is he on welfare or something? :)

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/happy-thanksgiving-yankee-types.307103/post-11139243

As for the gym, there is a bar in our town, somewhat imaginatively called “the Gym” - hence “I’m going to the Gym” :)

Yeah, I just spotted the four on your verandah :) - looks proper job mate !

As for the bar called The Gym, hell - y'all live South of that infamous Mason-Dixon line ....your locals are different from them Yankees up over yonder by Canada........

( Cultural note: the furthest North I've been in the Land of the Fee and the Home of the Rave is San Francisco. The furthest South is Laredo,Tx. Got distant Cousins all over them there United States, from Bawston to the Big Easy. Have to say I prefer the South so far.)

God Bless America. @Roadster280 , enjoy your Jag. My FIL had one until the servicing bill.
Brings back many happy memories when I ran CVRT all the time just to stay warm.
4 point 2 Jag engine. Have it.

"Not too shabby" seems to be a variation on that occasionally used in Canada. Using it though might possibly cause people to perceive you as being a bit less sophisticated. That might possibly be a regional expression.

"Not bad" or "not too bad" however can mean many things, all depending on vocal intonation, so it's not as simple as your explanation implies. I've never heard "fairly decent" though used in any sense other than a very positive one.
Not too shabby is another that I often use.

It would depend on what you are shooting at?

My last go round was at 15 feet, 21 feet, 30 feet and 50 feet. I was adequate
F936B6B3-A22A-4120-A7A4-D1C94D8D61B3.jpeg
Letting the side down, here.

Tell the wife that your marksmanship is fading; if she wants to feel safe she needs to increase your ammo allowance.

Tell the wife that your marksmanship is fading; if she wants to feel safe she needs to increase your ammo allowance.
She might take that statement as being a euphemism for something and reply that it's a result of age and there's nothing to be done about it.

It would depend on what you are shooting at?

My last go round was at 15 feet, 21 feet, 30 feet and 50 feet. I was adequateView attachment 618960
Not bad, but have you seen this? We were shooting at Festung JJH in rural GAW-ja and competing for a kiss from the fair young maiden Miss Slugs. I was unsuccessful with my 1911 and came in 2nd place. Sluggy had me licked to death by JJH's slavering rescue hounds; a chocolate lab, a rottie, and I don't know what all. It was lucky I got away from there fully intact. :omfg: :omg:

Jarhead Shhot 3 Obscu.jpg
Jarhead Shoot 4 Obscu.jpg

Not bad, but have you seen this? We were shooting at Festung JJH in rural GAW-ja and competing for a kiss from the fair young maiden Miss Slugs. I was unsuccessful with my 1911 and came in 2nd place. Sluggy had me licked to death by JJH's slavering rescue hounds; a chocolate lab, a rottie, and I don't know what all. It was lucky I got away from there fully intact. :omfg: :omg:

View attachment 618969View attachment 618970

Looks like a real fun day for all. :boogie:Nice one mate!

I botched failure drill. Hence why we practice and conduct the same things thousands of times.
No luck in upping the budget, I will just have to do better and not suck at life.

I think uo

View attachment 618969View attachment 618970
I think you were being nice to JJH, or you just sneezed on the last round.

I think uo

I think you were being nice to JJH, or you just sneezed on the last round.

We're heading down to Arizona in March as son #2 and his wife live there. Herself is a tad miffed because she's just today cottoned on that The Big Sandy is on at the same time after seeing something about it on the internet.

The threat level raised significantly when I told her that the kid and I knew that and we were heading on down there in the kids RV on the 17th for a couple of days.

and the juice to run them at threepence a quart........

Hope all you Pilgrims have renewed your Gym memberships - or is it just eat, doze, wake, gorge, waddle, sleep till 01 Jan ? :-D

A friend of mine has one of these monsters - please don't get him started on the joys of a 16 lb Turkey.

1612265249-xlegg.jpg
You forgot, spend a feck ton of money on all sorts of goodies, party it up on the weekends, and cry when you get the electric bill in January.

My sister -n- law has a very nasty habit of grouping all 6 rounds from her .38 Detective Special right smack in the goolies --- and she says she just points and shoots -- may be a 2 inch barrel accounts for the drop at 7 yards?
She is a woman, and they can be spiteful creatures. She knows what she is doing!

Latest Threads