Happy Thanksgiving, Yankee types

You rookies just don’t know how to party. You can’t fry a Turkey, smoke meat, or shoot whisky to save your lives. No wonder why your fellows are so dour!
2/3 of those I'm happy with. Chicken>Turkey, and you know my thoughts on Whiskey.

Gone2ratshat

War Hero
Can any of our stateside oppos explain what thanks giving is all about please?

From what I understand you basically have Christmas a month early, but without the decorations and presents.

And then you have proper Christmas a few weeks later.

Aren’t you still eating leftover turkey by the time you have to cook another one for Christmas Day?

No one even likes turkey that much. It’s just giant chicken.
Its just an excuse for getting even fatter every year.
OIP.n4vHgP3OzY4YlzpUXovgYgHaJa

get stuffed!
Cranberries are hardy 'fruit' - they are raisins with a bad attitude.
Next time you are stuffing a bird (fnaar, fnaar), put a small amount of mix to one side, like 2 x meatballs, and add 3 or 4 cranberries. Just try it.
Now fokof and buy some shoes.
The only thing cranberries are good for are bladder infections.

You might like to think where Whisky comes from, also the history of smoked meats.

I'll give you frying Turkeys. We're not savages.
From Scotchland duh. You lot did smoke fish. But that is easy peasy compared to Brisket or other finer meats. My next project will be to smoke some mulie backstraps for the FIL.

From Scotchland duh. You lot did smoke fish. But that is easy peasy compared to Brisket or other finer meats. My next project will be to smoke some mulie backstraps for the FIL.
Your lack of knowledge about the history of smoking meats is disturbing.

When we had a nightclub we used to sell deep fried half chickens at throwing out time .( about 200 a night) tasted fabulous after a night of drink and sweating . I think Turkey Would be the same.
Everything seems to taste better when you're half-hammered. ;-) I used to get a half-rack of ribs and baked beans from a BBQ place that was next to my apartment after spending the evening getting blasted. I regularly dumped half the shit on the floor and threw up the other half during the the time when I would try to put my head down. Happy days.

When we had a nightclub we used to sell deep fried half chickens at throwing out time .( about 200 a night) tasted fabulous after a night of drink and sweating . I think Turkey Would be the same.
Ah.
Memories.
Half "roast" crispy chicken and battleship handcut chips, pickled onion/s, salt & sauce in brown paper wrapper.
Bottle of Tizer/ Vimto/ IBru
Phookin' magic.

You might like to think where Whisky comes from, also the history of smoked meats.

I'll give you frying Turkeys. We're not savages.

Smoking meat obviously goes back to somewhere between the Stone Age and the Iron Age, where man discovered the benefits of so doing.

But modern American BBQ is largely down to the UK‘s efforts, however indirectly. The slaves bought from the Africans by the Brits and sold to the Brit settlers in the New World had to eat. They were given the fattier and less desirable cuts of meat, and developed and refined techniques to render the fat out, and sauces to soften the meat. It is no coincidence that the usual cuts for BBQ are ribs, brisket etc. You could perfectly well make BBQ out of T-bone steak, but the slaves obviously never saw that. It’s also no coincidence that the places strongly associated with BBQ (Memphis, St Louis etc) have very large black populations.

I’m white as a milk bottle, but fkn love smoking meats, BBQing of any description in fact. One of my hobbies:

30589D4C-9CAB-4379-84C2-70FBE65B02DF.jpeg

Latest Threads