Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Happy Thanksgiving, Yankee types

To all the ungrateful colonials on here, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday, or if you've not celebrated properly yet - enjoy it.

sc2256k2ur181.jpg

My in-laws are over; I'm having mine tomorrow. The dog is being walked by the father-in-law, the Frau is cooking. Looks like someone is going to have to drink all this beer themselves...

To all the ungrateful colonials on here, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday, or if you've not celebrated properly yet - enjoy it.

sc2256k2ur181.jpg

My in-laws are over; I'm having mine tomorrow. The dog is being walked by the father-in-law, the Frau is cooking. Looks like someone is going to have to drink all this beer themselves...
The secret to success is to have a 30 minute break after the main meal, before one indulges in dessert.

Could someone enlighten me to what 'Murrica has anything to give thanks for?
And as for "Happy"? Cruising galaxies of endless malls buying shit they do not need while gopping on another foam container of takeway MacCheese with plastic forks?
Oh...that's Bluewater......

Last edited:
The day after is worse; I have breakfast, brunch, lunch, mid afternoon and dinner commits; it’s going to be a food marathon.

And as for "Happy"? Cruising galaxies of endless malls buying shit they do not need while gopping on another foam container of takeway MacCheese with plastic forks?
You would be a dirty, brick and mortar store shopper...

1637959087804.jpeg

We have a remedy for your type...

Thankful we get the opportunities we have in life.

Its the same in every mawwwwll everywhere.

Our family tradition is to have ribs on Thanksgiving, turkey is for Christmas dinner. Talking of Christmas I ordered my christmas pressie yesterday in a The Day Before Black Friday Sales, Sale. Well happy, saved over a hundred sov's on a GPS for the motorcycle.

Its the same in every mawwwwll everywhere.

Our family tradition is to have ribs on Thanksgiving, turkey is for Christmas dinner. Talking of Christmas I ordered my christmas pressie yesterday in a The Day Before Black Friday Sales, Sale. Well happy, saved over a hundred sov's on a GPS for the motorcycle.
You could have bought an atlas, and occasionally stopped and asked directions, and saved even more.

Can any of our stateside oppos explain what thanks giving is all about please?

From what I understand you basically have Christmas a month early, but without the decorations and presents.

And then you have proper Christmas a few weeks later.

Aren’t you still eating leftover turkey by the time you have to cook another one for Christmas Day?

No one even likes turkey that much. It’s just giant chicken.