Happy 'Straya Day!

Cheers. Had bacon on the BBQ for brekkie. Had a dip in the pool and then big BBQ for tea with pav for after. Few bottles of 150 Lashes ale and James Boags lager helped the day along nicely.

I know you Aussies love your sport, so to help you celebrate here's a classic. Enjoy and happy colonial day.

....to any Aussies here!

Have been invited to a few Aussie parties tonight in London.....sounds like carnage!
Hm let me check the list....
* Weather (it was fucking hot/humid)
* Snag/BBQ (I went to Bunnings and was hungry... but they have them like everyday, right?)
* Freedom? So corny. I guess no one oppressed me today.
* Democracy? I didn't vote today... but eh, OK.
* Opportunity. My son took the opportunity to have a tantrum over wanting a bloody flamingo lawn ornament. I'm guessing in other countries, the poor kids there went home without one...

Other than that I was just glad for any excuse to not work today. Can a monarch have a birthday or some shit soon? Make it a Friday though, so I can get a long weekend (to not work and not give a fuck about what ever the holiday is apparently about).

W P

LE
Rugby's a bit too much for nancy boys, isn't it? What about their native game?

Fun fact: Australia Day commemorates the beginning of the British settlement of New South Wales, which included New Zealand until 1840, but never included Western Australia. So the anniversary is relevant to the entirety of another nation, but not relevant to the entirety of Australia.

Hm let me check the list....
* Weather (it was ******* hot/humid)
* Snag/BBQ (I went to Bunnings and was hungry... but they have them like everyday, right?)
* Freedom? So corny. I guess no one oppressed me today.
* Democracy? I didn't vote today... but eh, OK.
* Opportunity. My son took the opportunity to have a tantrum over wanting a bloody flamingo lawn ornament. I'm guessing in other countries, the poor kids there went home without one...

Other than that I was just glad for any excuse to not work today. Can a monarch have a birthday or some shit soon? Make it a Friday though, so I can get a long weekend (to not work and not give a **** about what ever the holiday is apparently about).
Yo do realise about 80% of the population will chuck a sickie on Friday and have a four day weekend?

Yo do realise about 80% of the population will chuck a sickie on Friday and have a four day weekend?
Dang it. I work for myself... and my boss is a kunt. No sickie day for me..

Don't forget this classic.

Used to be one of the best pubs in Brisbane, with draught Guinness and Coopers, before they became mainstream and the Story Bridge became trendy. As for cockies, you didn't want to go into your kitchen late at night and then turn on the light - like a scene from 'Starship Troopers' for the number of bugs crawling around.

'Who knew Brisbane was home to cockroach races on Australia Day? One pub in particular has been doing it for the past 38 years and counting. The Story Bridge Hotel even goes as far as providing a sporting arena and dedicated stadium with seating and corporate boxes for the races.'

Did you know about the annual Australia Day cockroach race?

Isn’t that between Didjabringabeeralong and Buggerup?
That's right, a few klicks to the west of Wheelmebarraback, on Passdagoony tribal land.

Latest Threads