Happy St Skyscrapers Day.

Yes, if you c-unts made the same jokes about 7/7 you would have the same reactions. I respect all the victims and feel awful for all the atrocities on both the days...so don't take the p-iss.
Ffs it's 7/7 , can't you get the day and month the right way round?

??
Pretend cancer?
Several years ago there was a poster called Tinman74. He made some posts stating that he had cancer (mouth or throat, can't remember which) and ARRSErs responded with general messages of support. It turned out that poster had made the cancer up as a windup. Said poster disappeared not that long after this was revealed and Himmler74 then turned up.

Edit - throat cancer.

Several years ago there was a poster called Tinman74. He made some posts stating that he had cancer (mouth or throat, can't remember which) and ARRSErs responded with general messages of support. It turned out that poster had made the cancer up as a windup. Said poster disappeared not that long after this was revealed and Himmler74 then turned up.

Edit - throat cancer.
That is a bit low, considering most people on here know people that have faced that shitty battle.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
That's fair enough.

If it makes you feel any better, the Americans admitted they caused probems with the investigation

Rashid Rauf was arrested by Pakistani authorities - but managed to escape from custody as during transport, they stopped at a mosque and he escaped the escourt officers.

However, very sadly he was killed by a UAV strike. So it had a happy ending.

Unless you were his family friend, who said this -

Hope not!

That looks like a bellend with wings. Or is it just me?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Speaking with a work colleague today, apparently it was all a big put-up job anyway. Rigged for demolition, only way it could pancake in like that.

I asked if he had ever seen a documentary on how demo experts wire things up with splodey stuff. The months of preparation drilling out supports, removing sections of walls, placing charges strategically, det cord all over the place like a cat's cradle.

I wondered if he thought bankers at Goldman-Sachs mightn't trip over some of it, or find it somewhat limiting in their day-to-day routine.

He replied that he'd seen footage of the planes "winking out of existance" just as they impacted the towers. I suggested he laid off the skunk. He also said that he'd seen the section of 9/11 metalwork at RAF Duxford and he opined that there was absolutely no way a thin tube of aluminium could buckle and melt steel girders like that.

I've seen the same chunk of metal and I have to say that even allowing for the massive kinetic energy imparted by a plane travelling at 400mph full of fuel, I can see how the layman might struggle with it.

Latest Threads