Happy St. Patricks Day!

I wish all a Happy St. Patricks' day!

Everybody here in the USA likes to have a little Irish in them on this day! Of course many large cities East coast cities will have big parades and many festivities. Wearing of the Green and drinking Green Beer will be the the theme of the day! (Yuck Green Beer.) 8O

My wife and I will Celebrate the day at home having our usual dish on this day, of soda bread, boiled potatoes, cabbage and corned beef. I'll have had a couple of shots of Black Bush and wash down that Corned beef and stuff, with a few can's of Guinness. My wife doesn't like Guinness, so more for me! (I don't quite understand anybody not liking Guinness!) :roll:

BTW: Please hold your comments about the IRA and support for them, etc. Yes, my wife and I both have relatives in both Ireland and NI. We're proud of our Irish heritage! We don't support terrorists! :wink:

Attachments

IndianaDel said:
Not likely ID!

In the mean time:

May you be in
Heaven a half hour before the
Devil knows you're dead! :wink:

Trip_Wire said:
IndianaDel said:
Not likely ID!

In the mean time:

May you be in
Unnecessary personal insults deleted by moderator

Fcuking Plastic Paddies. Cnuts, the lot of 'em.

ctauch said:
Trip_Wire said:
IndianaDel said:
Not likely ID!

In the mean time:

May you be in
Quoted insults deleted
Moderstor ScarySpice:

It would appear that Mr ctauch is at it again! He just can't seem to leave the personal attack stuff out of his posts. :roll:

Moderator edit - Thanks Trip but I can read it for myself. You quoting it just means I have to do twice as much work to delete it all....

Mod edit - will you lot please stop quoting each others' drivel and wasting my time.

load of spams here had tricolours up instead of thier unit flags ... my hand carrying my lighter was itching horrendously with a view to doing something illegal to them...

ExScaleyBleep said:
load of spams here had tricolours up instead of thier unit flags ... my hand carrying my lighter was itching horrendously with a view to doing something illegal to them...
I don't have one now; however, we always liked to fly this one on St. Patricks' Day. In the past.

Attachments

Trip_Wire said:
ExScaleyBleep said:
I don't have one now; however, we always liked to fly this one on St. Patricks' Day. In the past.
And why would we care on British Army board? We're not fecking Irish you idiot, thats a whole other country. It's like us posting on a US board happy Bolivian independence day or something. :roll:

Ord_Sgt said:
Trip_Wire said:
ExScaleyBleep said:
And why would we care on British Army board? We're not fecking Irish you idiot, thats a whole other country. It's like us posting on a US board happy Bolivian independence day or something. :roll:

Ord_Sgt said:
Trip_Wire said:
ExScaleyBleep said:
Or Happy Fourth of July (Independence Day!)

Gee, I had always heard that a large percentage of people serving in the UK's Armed Forces were of Irish heritage and or people that were born Irish in NI or Ireland over the years.

I wasn't born in Ireland or NI; however, I do claim my irish heritage on St. Paddies Day. I'm not Irish either I'm an American of Irish heritage. :wink:

It was to those people of irish heritage lurking in your ranks that I addressed this message! Of course, it's over now in the UK, so I guess it's a moot point until next year! :lol:

Trip, we dont celebrate it. Even the Irish dont celebrate it like the plastic paddies in USA do.

Now remember to congratulate us on St George's day (Or St Andrew's, or even the Welsh one who's name I cant remember)and you will get a better response.

You rather miss the point, 4th of July is US independence day, and more than happy to wish you the best on it. 26th of January is Australia day, what would be the point of rocking up at USAareus.com forums and mentioning that?

I am English or even British but not Irish nor do I care about their national day, pretty much like the rest of us British, not Irish people. The majority of the British Army are not Irish, theres a tiny, but significant, minority who serve as there are Fijians and others.

Irish is not British and hasn't been since 1922, indeed they would probably argue not even then. Capiche?

I must say I am outraged at the comments made by a small number of narrow minded gits who cannot accept a greeting from an ally when it is made. So the man has Irish roots and is proud of it. Maybe if we celebrtated St Georges Day a bit more and looked to our own heritage instead of bad mouthing everyone else who does celebrate a saint/feasts day, we might get a few more thoughtful replies on ARSSSE rather than 'cnut' and 'feck off' as a knee jerk reaction. To Trip Wire, thanks for the greeting, no Im not Irish, but I thank you for the greeting none the less. I now stand by to get a load of invective and foul language from some people on here who'se IQ matches their boot size.