HAPPY ST PATRICK's DAY

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Happy Paddy's Day to all our Irish brethren and sisters.

Pity Covid-19 will restrict the celebrations!

Must be a bit of a damp squib in Ireland they've shut all the pubs

Now that's a fate worse than running out of bog roll

We celebrated early in Vienna this past weekend, before everything shut down. This was taken at the Hard Rock Cafe - it closed its doors on Sunday night for a minimum of 4 weeks.
C61162E2-D567-4AF1-B61F-7AE2CEDE05BC.jpeg

Mother was a Mick (actually, an Anne), so I take an interest or seven at this time of year. Have previously played the Irish (FAI) team off to World Cup and done the Westminster Parade.

Always a little peeved that St Patrick is represented by a State flag rather than his own - London Irish Pipes excepted IIRC.

Happy St Paddy's day to you too, however you choose to celebrate it, or not.

I was somewhat bemused when a friend of my generation pointed out the irony of all the pubs in Northern Ireland closing for health and safety reasons over Covid-19. It seemed eminently sensible to me so I asked him why he thought it odd.

"You remember the 1970s and later the 1990s, you recall the rather serious health and safety implications of going for a pint back in those days. Did you ever hear tell of a pub closing even once? Do you ever remember any of us choosing not to go out for a beer because it was too risky?"

He had a point I suppose.

Copping a bullet didn't mean your family copping one a week later.
Unless you're Bugsy and your family died twice to be sure to be sure

1584445613084.png

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Unless you're Bugsy and your family died twice to be sure to be sure
I was wondering when a shit-dribbler like you would show up to chop in a stupid remark just to enhance your "street-cred" with other ARRSErs. Now all the rest of the shit-dribblers will follow suit, just like the mongs always do, and spoil the thread for other ARRSErs.

And it's obvious that a sprog like you doesn't know what he's talking (or writing) about. There was no "family" involved. But you wouldn't know that now, would you, sonny?

Anyway, a good day all around wished to each (with obvious exceptions) in the name of the hallowed St Patrick.

MsG

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm 1/32 Irish (no distinction. It was all one Ireland when a pair of my several x grandparents left Coynty Doyn for the high tech bleeding edge of the Industrial Revolution in the Durham Coalfield a couple of hundred years ago).

If I were a drinking man, I'd have a wee tipple tonight to be sure.

But I'm not, so l shan't.

Apparantly leprechauns and people in green hats with American accents are at high risk from the corona virus. They should stay indoors and keep quiet.

Breaking news: This now also applies to plastic paddys in Nottingham.

I'll be celebrating with my hound tonight.
It's his birthday.

Apparantly leprechauns and people in green hats with American accents are at high risk from the corona virus. They should stay indoors and keep quiet.

Breaking news: This now also applies to plastic paddys Everywhere please.

Pardon my ignorance, but WTF is that you are drinking?
It’s a Paddy’s Day themed Pilsner. Seen it done before in the UK - not sure what they put in it, but it tastes fine.

How old is the hound ? Is your avatar due an upgrade with a new picture of the birthday dog?
He's 2 today.

Might upgrade the avatar on Friday after his haircut.

Here's one of him charming the knickers of one of the junior Engineer's in work.

20200204_162425 (2).jpg

Latest Threads