Happy St Patrick's Day from RHQ R IRISH

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TangoZeroAlpha, Mar 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It gives me much pleasure, on behalf of the Colonel of the Regiment, to extend to you all the very best of Regimental good wishes ahead of St Patrick's Day.

In 1900 Her Majesty, Queen Victoria ordered that, in recognition of the bravery of her Irish soldiers at the relief of Ladysmith, thenceforth all Irish Regiments should have the honour of wearing shamrock on every St Patrick's Day.

Over the past weeks the office staff in Regimental Headquarters have worked exceedingly hard along with the 1st Battalion's Rear Operations Group to put in place a plan to ensure shamrock would be delivered to Helmand Province in Afghanistan, in a condition fit to be presented to the officers and men of the 1 R IRISH Battlegroup. 1 R IRISH yesterday confirmed the shamrock had arrived in good condition.

The former Archbishop of Armagh, Lord Eames, will present the shamrock in Afghanistan, 17th March 2011.

Faugh-a-Ballagh

2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well done , we used wear that as kids in school I thought it was a tradition that was lost to time .

3. Your round then? Pint of the black stuff so it is. [​IMG]

Regards to the Colonel, long live the Queen.

4. HHH

HHH LE

Thank-you and can you pass on my thanks to the lads and lasses of the battle group for the great job they are doing and hopefully they all will come home safe and sound, and they are in the thoughts of many back in Northern Ireland.

5. Stay safe lads.

Faugh A Ballagh

6. It's that day again when people north and south get pissed and legless................................................ a thursday.

Stay safe lads and lasses

7. Stay safe out there...

8. Good on the old boy for going out there.

Come home together lads.

Faugh-a-Ballagh

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

So St Patrick was Roman, I always thought he was Welsh , but as St George was a Roman too, and Andrew was from Galilee, it means that us Taff's are the only ones with a home grown saint

10. Happy St Patricks day to all serving & former RIR,UDR & Irish Guards. For those on Ops keep your heads down & look forward to the homecoming parade in May.

Spare a thought & a prayer and please raise a glass tonight for LCpl Stevie McKee who is repatriated today to Lyneham.

FAB

YouTube - Royal Irish Regiment - Killaloe

11. I think Patrick was Welsh but like many in Roman Britain were considered citizens of Rome.

Happy Saint Patricks Day to the RIR and all others and may the members in Afghanistan and other nasty places stay safe.

12. Patick was Welsh and so in his mother tongue. Dydd gwyl Sant Patric Hapus.

Heads down and come back safe.

13. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig agus fanacht sábháilte

Faugh A Ballagh

14. Happy St Patricks Day to one and all. God speed safe homexxx

15. Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig :)

Stay safe, and keep the faith!