Happy St Georges Day!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Apr 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the risk of a fatwah,and incurring the wrath of the pc loonies,I wish you all a very happy St.Georges day. :D
  2. Fook em, its our day, so lets celebrate it, oh we are, in a few hours time in old London town :)
  3. Yeeeaaaaaayyyyyyyy Have a Happy St Georges day everyone - too right, fook em all.
  4. Thanks, double vodka and splash of lemonade :D
  5. Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George
  6. Heres a question for all you budding historians. What are the origins of St Georges Day and when did it become St Georges Day etc etc etc
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, when this country was run by catholics they reckoned this guy should be our saintly geezer . . . . this guy called George (an Italian), who was a soldier in Palestine (when it was run by Romans, not jews or muslims (they hadn't been invented yet - the muslims)) got slotted. He got slotted for being a papist (before popes where invented), shortly after jesus got slotted (for being a christian, except christians hadn't been invented yet then, they were still jews).

He's actually the catholic patron saint of a whole bunch of countries and towns, and one of the most important memorial papists in christendom.

He had his head chopped off for being one too.

Being, oddly, a patron saint of England, he was demoted by the pope in 1963 to patron memorial dead person 3rd class for a bit, but reinstated in 2000 by a new pope.
  8. I will be starting off in about an hour with a pint and a fry up in weatherspoons then onto my local. That's if the NuLabour PC thought police have not closed it because of the the flag flying.

See you all in the kabab shop.

Tune of the day: This is England - The Clash
  9. St. George's Day, and Shakespeare's birthday.

Pint of Bombardier please, bar keep.
  10. Fuck off you English cunts
  11. Mines a pint too.

12. A very happy St Georges day to all of you down there in Southern Britain.
  13. Typical im on a fatiuge on st georges day. :(
  14. Fcuk the PC loonies and mossies. Happy St Georges Day!!

(and I'm a Paddy):lol: