Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Happy New Year - Auld lang syne

haloman

War hero
Good video this, see link below.
Put together by a Dutch lady, Ine Braat.
Sung by Sissel Kyrkjebo (Norwegian)

Last edited:
If you are Scottish then fine, it belongs to you and you are welcome to it, but personally I fucking hate the dreadful dirge and would rather be in the kitchen at parties (Jona Lewie walt) scraping my knob down the cheese grater than 'joining hands' and singing that shite.

1546296176725.png

Please see post #11
Yeh, saw that and I suppose at some point in my life I will have been told that, however it is like saying Hans Christian Anderson did not write his tales or even Aesop writing his.

RB said he is first to write it down so lends his name to it and of course he recognised a good bit of work when he came across it. At least it has been proven that it is not written by an Englishman.

Still sung, in many languages, over the world, except in English! :D

Yeh, saw that and I suppose at some point in my life I will have been told that, however it is like saying Hans Christian Anderson did not write his tales or even Aesop writing his.

RB said he is first to write it down so lends his name to it and of course he recognised a good bit of work when he came across it. At least it has been proven that it is not written by an Englishman.

Still sung, in many languages, over the world, except in English! :D

Aesop could write? Well I never!