Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy New.... ahh, f**k it.

I am off the hooch just now, got a bout of Bronchitis and not sleeping more than a couple of hours in between bastard coughing fits , and the antibiotics aren't really shifting the shit yet
I accidentally discovered a couple of hours ago, whilst having my shower and sucking a Fishermans friend at the same time, the water from the spray and the lozenge, when swallowed seemed to relieve the irritation

So get four Fishermens friends , and crush them in a pestle, add to about an inch of boiling water in a cup , stir well and sip

much lung butter now moving upwards with every cough

*I don't personally blow fishermen , or their friends , and we've all heard them before
** might try this with Jakemans lozenges just to see if they work

therefore will be drinking your good health with Euciliptus and menthol juice for the next couple of days

who knows , I may just have found a cure for covid.... I will wait for the Nobel prize committee to get in touch

Bit late, not long surfaced. To all the Arrseratti, you and yours, A 'ra best. I hope 2021 will be a happy and guid wan for all of us. Keep smiling, even if it's just wind. ;)
Back at you mate awe the best

NSP

LE
There was supposed to be a firework ban this year. Clearly the general public hadn't received the news. Other than sporadic infantry engagements until 10pm when there was clearly an artillery exchange followed by a direct hit on an ammo dump. I reckon a few people will be boarding up more than a few broken windows today. At midnight a major engagement kicked off and lasted at least a coupe of hours. Various reports this morning of burnt out cars and assorted parties being broken up although initial casualties do seem to be less than last year.
There was a bit of a fire-fight kicked off here at midnight, too, with mortar support judging from the distinctive clonks from the rooves of parked cars and the cloud of red smoke drifting across the park.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
happy new year to all of you

had a slow day today
the local fireworks started early, luckily we took the dog out in the afternoon
all bloody night flash bang wallop

and sone muffin set off his mortar on the pavement over the road, this morning a fair few disgruntled car owners trying to remove the ash and melted bits
it can only get better

happy new year to all of you

had a slow day today
the local fireworks started early, luckily we took the dog out in the afternoon
all bloody night flash bang wallop

and sone muffin set off his mortar on the pavement over the road, this morning a fair few disgruntled car owners trying to remove the ash and melted bits
it can only get better

reminds me of Millenium night

We were at a friends place , and up roles our Swiss friend with the biggest mortar type firework you could get
We are all outside , it starts to rain , so we all step inside the Bobs (host) greenhouse to keep dry
Kurt ( stupid Swiss tool is ready to set it off right next to the green house , me and brother in law manage to stop him , and plant it at the end of Bobs(the host) Garden
And he sets it off, It was magnificent , such a loud boom and the lights from the actual firework exploding many hundreds of feet above us was ony surpassed by all the sharp shards of greenhouse glass falling in on everybody inside Feck knows the carnage he would have caused if we hadn't manage to get him to move it

Did I mention that when he did his national service in Switzerland , he used to fire off Schermully type rockets at overhanging snow covered mountains ,to cause mini landslides

He got shit from everybody there for weeks

Ritch

LE
This site has its fair share of cúnts, that's for sure.

However it also has more than its fair share of absolute top men and women. The past few weeks have been a struggle and I've had many check in with me to see if I've been doing okay - to which it is greatly appreciated.

I have also experienced great generosity too. You know who you are - thank you.

So to everyone, a very Happy New Year.

There was supposed to be a firework ban this year. Clearly the general public hadn't received the news. Other than sporadic infantry engagements until 10pm when there was clearly an artillery exchange followed by a direct hit on an ammo dump. I reckon a few people will be boarding up more than a few broken windows today. At midnight a major engagement kicked off and lasted at least a coupe of hours. Various reports this morning of burnt out cars and assorted parties being broken up although initial casualties do seem to be less than last year.
Not that much different on this side of the border, loads of bangs, some of them very loud. I suspect that some people tooled up in Belgium or Poland. The good news is that the streets are not covered in tons of spent fireworks and plastic safety caps.
As far as is possible, happy new year to one and all.

PFGEN

GCM
Not that much different on this side of the border, loads of bangs, some of them very loud. I suspect that some people tooled up in Belgium or Poland. The good news is that the streets are not covered in tons of spent fireworks and plastic safety caps.
As far as is possible, happy new year to one and all.

Here they get tooled up in Belgium. From round mid December there's a good chance of being stopped when crossing the border and the Marechauessee (RMP) having a rummage through the car. This year there was some 140,000 kg of illegal fireworks confiscated.

PFGEN

GCM
'kin 'ell! Makes you wonder just how much actually got through undetected.

I suspect that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Most people think the detection rate is so low its worth the risk, those caught usually aren't dealers, just normal joes. The EOD guys gave a demo a few years ago of what happens to an ordinary car carrying the average haul. The results were predictable. Had the effect of the square root of... Given the cost of these things and the crap on the streets the day after there are people out there that shoot off a grand or so. Waste of money.

1609624932831.png

No other comment needed

Latest Threads