Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy New.... ahh, f**k it.

Just gone 2PM New Years Eve here in Aus, and I'm packing up to head home from work. Reckon I'll just settle down in front of the TV to watch a few movies with a bottle of whatever I find in my alcohol stash and getting the vocal cords warmed up for hurling abuse at the dickheads lighting up fireworks outside my house.

I survived 1999-2000 just fine and nothing will beat that in my lifetime. I'm just glad to see the back of 2020. Next years resolutions will be simply "live and survive".

NSP

LE
As with every year you can all go and fornicate your own bottoms. I fail to get excited about the date changing. It does that every twenty-four hours, three-sixty-five a year. Whoop-de-doo, Basil.

I'll probably sedate the dog, he doesn't like loud bangs, and he'll kip on the bedroom floor tonight.
Probably be in bed by 9.30

Just gone 2PM New Years Eve here in Aus, and I'm packing up to head home from work. Reckon I'll just settle down in front of the TV to watch a few movies with a bottle of whatever I find in my alcohol stash and getting the vocal cords warmed up for hurling abuse at the ********* lighting up fireworks outside my house.

I survived 1999-2000 just fine and nothing will beat that in my lifetime. I'm just glad to see the back of 2020. Next years resolutions will be simply "live and survive".
Jeez mate you got shafted, we closed down from Christmas Eve until next Monday. Bugger all to do tonight, only fireworks are at Victor Harbor and the trip back will be worse than trying to negotiate Whitehall back in the 80s ( breathalyzer alley as it was known). will probably watch the big bash and listen to all the bogans letting off their own firework displays and the subsequent wailing of sirens at the emergency services come to pick up the pieces.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
We're in Tier 4 as of yesterday which will crimp a few celebrations.

Hopefully the firework mongs will leave it out tonight and not scare the animals (doubtful as the resident 2/3 village idiots must make a noise about something).

SWMBO will probably be in bed by 10 leaving me and the kids watching whatever is on Netflix / Amazon Prime.

And I'm ever so pleased as 3 of my jobs for January will not be on hold as all the hotels will be closed.

Yours from hibernation.
RBMK

Jeez mate you got shafted, we closed down from Christmas Eve until next Monday. Bugger all to do tonight, only fireworks are at Victor Harbor and the trip back will be worse than trying to negotiate Whitehall back in the 80s ( breathalyzer alley as it was known). will probably watch the big bash and listen to all the bogans letting off their own firework displays and the subsequent wailing of sirens at the emergency services come to pick up the pieces.
Yep, down here in the sunny Shoalhaven most of the things that go “bang” in the night, like every other bleedin’ night, are explosive home cookin’ meth labs ... the 4rse’oles! The poor firies and emergency services are flat out at this time of year, notwithstanding only one (small) bushfire so far.

Proud to say I've kept my new years resolution for almost thirty years now, that resolution was not to make new years resolutions, it's a winner.

Faaarkn’ell! 2038h (8:38PM for others) AESDT, and the dogs are already being scared sh!tless by the eejjits with their (this time, anyway) fireworks ... maybe we will have a busy New Year for the firies after all.

Yep, down here in the sunny Shoalhaven most of the things that go “bang” in the night, like every other bleedin’ night, are explosive home cookin’ meth labs ... the 4rse’oles! The poor firies and emergency services are flat out at this time of year, notwithstanding only one (small) bushfire so far.
Dunno what it's like in NSW but here in SA the coppers are useless, couldn't nick themselves shaving so it's up to the firies & ambos.

NSP

LE
Well, as the hour draws closer I've ticked off several "lasts" of the year: last load of laundry, last supermarket run, last dump and, a few minutes ago, last wank of 2020.

Shortly I'll cook and eat my last meal of the year, do the last washing up, the last getting tanked up and inivitably the last falling asleep Infront of the telly of the year, hopefully avoiding the last lagging myself in the process of the year.

Yippee-kai-ay, mofos; it's been one weird, fucked up kind of year.

Dwarf

LE
Log fire, and supplies laid in.
Just about to make a paella.
On my own tonight. TV has a Big Bang Theory marathon.
Enjoying the peace and quiet this year.

Hope it's a good one for you lads.

Attachments

• IMG-20201227-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20201227-WA0003.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20201231-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20201231-WA0012.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 24
Well, that was fun. Multiple groups of idiots that couldn't decide when New Years Day began and started letting off fireworks at 7PM when it was still daylight, ffs.

I especially enjoyed the part when I decided to forgo social distancing and chase the little bastards who egged my house through the park opposite my place with a baseball bat.

Thankfully the dog passed out from one knockout pill this year.

Hopefully the land deal I am part off comes through this year. If it does, I'll be spending December 31st this year an hours drive away from the nearest town.

Latest Threads