Happy National Jesuit Effigy burning Day

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by GeorgeMaciver, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Enjoy your fireworks and have a beer or two to celebrate that failed Jesuit mission to blow up the Houses of Parliament so they could nick our country [​IMG]
  2. I would love to celebrate tonight, but I'm too busy loading all these barrels onto a pontoon. My mate want's me to float them down the Thames to this big tower with a clock in it. by the way, are there any EOD guys out their that can tell me how long it takes for 6 feet of fuse to burn down.
  3. Get to Lewes where they burn an effigy of the Pope tonight.
  4. Guy Fawkes never managed to blow up the Houses of Parliament. Indeed, some said that even if he had set the gunpowder off it would not have worked.

But others thought differently. So cue a full scale test!

5. Actually, we would perhaps be better blowing up the Houses of Parliament now as there are probably more Jesuits inside it than outside of it these days.
  6. I think you may be mistaken...Tony blair wasn't a Jesuit, he thought he was Jesus...subtle but different! :p
  7. Well, both sides of the House are constantly telling us to concentrate on 'old-fashioned values' these days, you'd think they were trying to tell us something.

Damn, my matches keep going out...
  8. Matches? ffs, in the films they use a zippo (or similar) which is thrown dramatically onto the ground (usually onto a puddle of petrol or similar).
    Another method you can try is firing a round at a petrol tank/box of explosives.
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I am, and looking forward to the mayhem.
  10. Yes that's right one ordinary round of ball will ignite a petrol tank...but only if fired by the "goodie". Baddies can get through whole cases of 4B1T without igniting the hero's vehicle/helicopter/boat. Make sure therefore that you are in fact the goodie; a baddie recognition feature will be either having a scar, talking with a bad South African accent or possibly just wearing black...
  11. I think you'll find that all such activity has been placed on an 'unsafe' list, and that you must instead watch a short film of some similar activity taken last year. All politically or morally unsound commentary concerning violence, religion and reactionary political thought will have been elided. You will remain silent throughout the uplifting overview of events given by your regional Leader. You will enjoy.
  12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I wonder who else has annoyed them enough to get burnt as well :twisted:
  13. but the punisher (for example) wears black and he's a kind of bad goodie. (unlike Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graeme Garden) Where do we stand on the shooting of explosive things with people like him?
  14. I am not aware of this one you call "The Punisher", OP, however I would suggest safely off to a flank?
  15. I thought that that had been banned a couple of years ago after the local catholics claimed that it was religious persecution.