Happy Minden Day

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by ugly, Aug 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

KOYLI and LI! :D

2. Think you forgot a few

Not that I am bitter that you forgot my Regt at all Ugly

32 (Minden) Battery, 16 Regiment Royal Artillery
    1st Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment, successor to the 12th Regiment of Foot
    HQ Company, 3rd Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment (TA Reserve)
    The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, successor the 20th Regiment of Foot
    The Royal Welsh, successors to the 23rd Regiment of Foot
    The Royal Scots Borderers, The Royal Regiment of Scotland, as successors to the 25th Regiment of Foot
    The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment, successors to the 37th Regiment of Foot
    The Light Infantry, successors to the 51st Regiment of Foot

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its coincidentally also Yorkshire day, so Baltis all round!

4. Is it red and yellow roses?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

White roses in their headress!
    We had to wear them in our Cromwells in 83 for vehicle top cover in West Belfast!

6. I shall be drinking my body weight in flat bitter and beating the wife up afterwards especially!!

7. Fair play.

Feck knows where I got red and yellow from 8O

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Red is Lancashire (my county by birth although most of my family are Tykes), Isnt Yellow texan?

9. French shurely :wink:

10. It is for the Anglians

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

The Lincolnshire Regiment used to wear yellow waistcoats, so it may be that?

12. Apparently it's also 'National Twins Day'!

13. K.O.Y.L.I wore white roses behind capbadge for Minden day parade.Absoloutlely Jack shoite has occured in the Garrison town of Pomfret where the regiment was disbanded to form 2 L.I. in 1968.All that remains is the old R.H.Q. and a couple of streets on some council estate to reflect on.Happy Yorky day to Tykes one and all.I shifted a few 'Pots of Magnet' with an unsavoury bunch of 'Fanny pacer's' this aft,then placed a white rose betwixt the skateboarders and K.F.C. waste on the cenotaph. =| "Cede Nullis (Yield to none)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Own_Yorkshire_Light_Infantry

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It was a mystery to me until my first tour as the tykes in the Bn were pretty insular, being 1 LI we still shared the honours but we had a former KOYLI as a CSM (I think) and he was adamant that we celebrate it. More time was given to Salamanca day as it was regimental wide and a sports day bevvy up would occur not always in that order!