Happy Midwinter's Day

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Measuring in Centigrade, I'm not surprised.
That's what it said on the display at the chemist across the street, definitely very mild here, big boy trousers going out of the way and the shorts are going back on just so I can screw with the heads of the locals...

Candlemas is Mid winter ...february 2nd
Don't be bringing your Christian feasts to this fine Pagan Thread. Mid-Winter on February 2nd indeed, when everyone knows that Imbolc falls on the 1st of February, marking the beginning of Spring

It's actually midsummer here.

Same here. Just past midday and I notice the temperature has just hit 24 degrees, on its way up.
Don't rub it in, its brass monkeys here, wet, blowing a gale with horizontal snow forecast for this area, airports shut, some motorways shut, and at 0630 this morning I had to rescue daughter that went through 2 foot of water, due to the previous nights downpour, Christ on a crutch, winter in Albion, you can keep it!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Don't rub it in, its brass monkeys here, wet, blowing a gale with horizontal snow forecast for this area, airports shut, some motorways shut, and at 0630 this morning I had to rescue daughter that went through 2 foot of water, due to the previous nights downpour, Christ on a crutch, winter in Albion, you can keep it!
And yet everyone craves a white Christmas!

Same here. Just past midday and I notice the temperature has just hit 24 degrees, on its way up.
It was 28° here yesterday (about 20 k outside Wellington) Celsius, please note for our septic friends.

It was 28° here yesterday (about 20 k outside Wellington) Celsius, please note for our septic friends.
Off to Sullana for the weekend and New Year. Just checked and at midday it was 32... Should be able to sweat out the hangover pretty quickly.

I might post some pics from the beach. Girls in bikinis would probably kill of most of the old bastards on here though.

Off to Sullana for the weekend and New Year. Just checked and at midday it was 32... Should be able to sweat out the hangover pretty quickly.

I might post some pics from the beach. Girls in bikinis would probably kill of most of the old bastards on here though.
Lucky you, and yes, yes, please post as many pictures of ladies in bikinis as you wish.
If some of the old bastards croak, look on it as Evolution in Action.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't remind me. Timothy was born the same year as me and every time I see a picture of him with his flowing silver locks and beard, it reminds me how much of a twat I would look if I had ever had the nerve or inclination to grow my hair long. "Raised Druid King of Britain" my arse.
The highlight for me this year was watching him knight Santa (so he must exist), oh and Christmas tree man wonderin* around playing an accordion.

I love the whole barmy batshitcrazy affair :)

F0880329-1FC0-469F-8D99-C70C630CC51B.jpeg

Do you actually refer to the season as summer?
Yep.

However, the Weather Gods of Aotearoa must have heard me, 'cause the max temperature today was 15, with a drop to 12 this avro.

It now feels like a Scottish Summer. . . *sob*

Happy Vernal Equinox.
There's a definite hint of summer in the air with highs of 15C forecast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
philc Current Affairs, News and Analysis 49
wheelchairwarrier The Intelligence Cell 38
Provost The NAAFI Bar 38