Happy Kirkzday

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Indeed. That Christmas cash won't steal itself.

I'm a bit short on elastic bands right now, so am living in hope that the lazy mouth breathing quim who drops them all over the local area leaves me a few on his next visit

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm a bit short on elastic bands right now, so am living in hope that the lazy mouth breathing quim who drops them all over the local area leaves me a few on his next visit
I think it must be part of their training as mine does exactly the same.

I think it must be part of their training as mine does exactly the same.

I had to b0llock my postie as well for that......

One of our cats, Bad Boy George kept bringing them home.

It was bad enough pulling a grass stalk out of his sphincter....... but an elastic band that goes "TWAAAANG" at the last minute....... I draw the line at that.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't know what's wrong wid youse! I live directly across from the local post office. I regularly cross the road and collect the laccy bands they all throw away. They're perfect for keeping the fliers together on our numerous weekly political stalls when it gets a bit windy.

MsG

I don't think you can blame the posties for the pizza ads!
Of course you can. Any decent postie would just hoof the junk stuff into the recycling bin at the first house on his walk.

It's a win win there... Postman Pat doesn't have to carry the rubbish beyond the start of his walk and the householders along the way don't have to bin it unread as soon as it arrives.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Of course you can. Any decent postie would just hoof the junk stuff into the recycling bin at the first house on his walk.

It's a win win there... Postman Pat doesn't have to carry the rubbish beyond the start of his walk and the householders along the way don't have to bin it unread as soon as it arrives.
I believe the Post Office is paid a premium for delivering the said leaflets and postal workers can be dismissed for not delivering them. If they were made of copper, they'd all end up in @Kirkz's gaffe.

I believe the Post Office is paid a premium for delivering the said leaflets and postal workers can be dismissed for not delivering them. If they were made of copper, they'd all end up in @Kirkz's gaffe.
Postal workers can be dismissed for not delivering the mail because they've nicked it but the threat of the sack does not deter them does it...