Happy Diwali

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by absquatulation, Nov 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope the festival of lights enlightens your home and heart with peace and serenity.

Happy Diwali

*It's the NAAFI, so awaits incoming*
  2. Your hope is a forlorn one, but thanks anyway.
  3. I shall celebrate by performing my morning ablutions in an open sewer filled with charred human remains.
  4. It's the NAAFI.
  5. So it is, I missed that. My eyes must have scabbed over.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Lovely festival too, so it is!

I did put the word out that I had 5 tonnes of bright and shiny lights that only required a lit flame to set them off, specially for the celebration, but sales are a little slow.
  7. My Moslem neighbour has just come home, I'll pop next door and wish him a happy Diwhatsitsname, just to give him something to be aggrieved about.
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hmm, good point. A sh*d-load of Cat. 3 and Cat. 4 pyrotechnics and fireworks. Bangs that put an extra bang in your bang.
  9. Southall will be like a war zone tonight
  10. Living in NE Kentistan with it's huge population of Hindu, Sikh and Chav majorities I just can't wait for nightfall as the sky erupts with a million quids worth of cheap, dangerous explosive devices to terrify my dogs, damage my property and litter my garden with falling debris.

The believers of Hinduism may very well fashion sedate looking swastikas out of fragrant smelling tea lights whilst amusing their kids by launching rockets into the night sky, but the irony is that it falls on Guy Fawkes Night when swastika tatooed,, "paki" hating work dodgers spend their benefits on cheap cider and cheap fireworks to terrorise whoever is at the end of their badly aimed milk bottle launched device.

Happy Diwali & Guy Fawkes Night, fucking aim your devices at each other and may Darwinism prevail.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I don't suppose there's any point blaming it on the fact that they're impoverished and ignorant . . . . . after all, they're a nuclear power and have a very shiny aircraft carrier or two that cost quite a lot of money.

Mind you, have you seen New Orleans lately?
  12. But what about the Ozone layer?

13. If we hadn't got rid of New Labour, we'd have been like that in a few years. Still might be in years to come.