Happy Conscientious objector day

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Travelgall, May 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Metro today had a nice double page spread with nary a word of critique about Joe Glenton et all on Conscientious Objector Day. I can't post the link as my computer is refusing to do the job I paid it to do and carry out the link posting. Since the paper didn't ask I'd like to offer the members of Arrse their opportunity to comment on this special day. And to keep opinions calm and well balanced I've put up a nice little picture.

Attached Files:

2. Shan't. And you can't make me!
    • Like Like x 4
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Hopefully Bravo_Bravo will be on line later to tell us how he has spent his special day, and whether he got lots of nice Hallmark "Thinking of you on Conscientious Objector's Day" cards.

In fact, they should probably print a special batch in the TA colours of green with a thick yellow stripe for sale to large numbers of the TA.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. I'm ad y didn't say all the TA, you muppet.
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I can happily edit it if you need something to get all angry about?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hi Ad, I'm Benjamin; pleased to meet you!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. View attachment 121889

Poor little thing, it's terrified. It can see the bloke with the big mower coming... but the bloke can't see kitty.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. On this special day I urge all conscientious objectors to join up ....or else!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don't you believe it; that looks like Ninja Kitty to me.
  10. Conscientious Objector's = Yellow stripe?

You might like to read up on Thomas W. Bennett or Desmond Dross among others.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

Conscientious objector Joe Glenton on being jailed for refusing to fight | Metro News
  12. I prefer the term Pussy.
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I might, but I probably won't. The cowardice might be contagious.
  14. Mr Glenton certainly is a rare beast among men, especially those on ARRSE.

He has actually been to an Operational area.
    • Like Like x 7