Happy Christmas

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by arakan, Dec 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happy Christmas to everyone on ARRSE. Wherever you are - stay safe.

2. Thanks, appreciated by me and returned. i only joined Arrse because i m posted far away with non British Army and I ve missed the banter more than anything. This site has boosted my morale more than I can describe. My brithday tomorrow and I suspect it will be a non event. Have smuggled a cheeky bottle to my location and hope to dull the pain of being here without my fellow toms.

Stay safe everyone home and away. merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. xxxx

3. Merry Xmas Everyone!!!! :D

Foxy, happy early birthday to you too! I'd sing Happy Birthday to you but trust me, you DO NOT want to hear me singing.

4. Merry bloody Christmas, bah humbug and all that jazz...

Oh and happy birthday to you as well, I can do birthdays.

5. potyos...your posts are giving me the impression that you are cynicky-boots.

merry christmas to all.

"may the yuletide logs slip from your fire and burn your house down"

-blackadder.

6. I do try, but its a mates birthday part tonight so i'll be on a 'normal' night out. I shall be Christmassy from mad Friday until Boxing day on a 5 day bender. That will make me slightly less of a Scrooge type i'm sure.

7. Happy Birthday FoxyBrown, many of us like you know what its like to be away and with "others's we will raise a glass or 3 to you, let me know what its like to 18... I need reminding.
    And as for the rest of you..... Merry 25th of December.
    WW
    ( wish I was 18 again , sigh )

8. Have a peaceful Christmas

9. It's winter type stylee multi ethnic igloo building festival time you f8cking baby killers.

Must stop reading Kira's column :oops:

10. I asked if I could wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, but my lawyer said he needed to make a few legal revisions before I sent it out. Here is what he came up with . . .

From me ("the wishor") to you ("the wishee"), please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We wish you a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that:

1. This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.

2. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

3. This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement the inferences contained in this correspondence.

4. This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain geographical locations.

5. This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably as may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

6. The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

11. Thanks WW, actually I m 32 today and never been kissed.........ehem......did you see my pm about the flag? You think the Arrsers would approve? Still waiting to see if Im in the poo. Unfortunately for me I didnt think the plan through being the only Brit here! Silly girl! Worth every second!

12. Wishing you all a very happy CHRISTMAS (not Winterval!!) and a happy New Year :D :D :D

SLR (Not to be confused with SLR Boy)

13. Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally,
    a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

.... and for those who live in the real world........ Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

14. Christmas comes but once a firkin,
    An' when it does, the Lads are workin'.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you Lads and Lasses that are stagging on far from your loved ones.

Stay safe and come home well, my thoughts are with you all.

Nutstrangler

:santa:

15. Sod being politically correct.........

With both brothers safe at last and home in time for Christmas, thoughts turn to those not as fortunate, God speed........... Happy Christmas to everyone especially those that are not at home. Goes without saying I guess but look after yourselves and those around you, we'll be thinking of you.