Happy Black Hole Day!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrShanklysboots, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SO! The world has ended then!

Got to say this black hole malarkey was all a bit of a damp squib. I was expecting mind bending alterations of gravity and perspective as we were all sucked in to an alternate dimension, but no.

All that happened in my office was the dog sniffed his denuded bollocky region as the doomsday clock struck 0830.

And the alternate dimension is a bit like the last fucker If I am honest. All in all a bit of a disappointing armageddon. Must try harder.

So - what portentous event happened with you as the world ended?

2. We just had an earthquake in Dubai. A bit late but it prob took some time to get over this way!

3. In the run up to the end of the world I made myself a cup of tea, logged onto ARRSE and prepared myself for going out laughing.....unfortunately I now find myself in the position of having done no work this morning and will have to stay late :( bloody scientists!

Edited to add that I did for a moment think I had been sucked into a black hole, but then I remembered I was at work. :roll:

4. No - You don't need to do the work - the world has ended you see.

My point is it was all a bit low rent. Nothing like I was led to believe it would be like by Hollywood and Dr Who.

I feel cheated.

5. One thing that does console me about all this if it does go tits up, the French will cease to be a nano-second before we do which is a result as far as im concerned

6. So did I, the I realised I was sha*gging the missus

7. The bloke opposite me complained of suffering a rather damp and sticky fart- exactly at 08:30! He blamed the black hole. Was it a coincidence? Perhaps, but this is a small office and I really needed the world to end.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A tin of poncey arrsed brown sugar cubes has appeared in the kitchen at work. Obviously the work of a CERN generated wormhole since nobody will admit responsibility. And we've got no biscuits either.

9. Hawkins was right...a French Blackhole would collapse by surrendering all it's energy.

10. I've been trying to make a transatlantic call all day but the connection's been fecked. Bloody Frogs, at their Gallic nonsense again!

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

My day at work REALLY sucked today. I feel drained, on the egde of an abyss. All I can see is darkness.

I knew it would end like this.

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I ran out of milk! No money in brew fund and had to fork out of my own pocket.

A dark, dark day.

13. Actually, the world did end today only you didn't notice because the marketing was handled by the recently out-of-work TA100 communications director.

Hope this helps.
    Sticky.

14. We may be living in a sort of Groundhog Day.We will be repeating all of this again tomorrow.

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

SO! The world has ended then!

Got to say this black hole malarkey was all a bit of a damp squib. I was expecting mind bending alterations of gravity and perspective as we were all sucked in to an alternate dimension, but no.

All that happened in my office was the dog sniffed his denuded bollocky region as the doomsday clock struck 0830.

And the alternate dimension is a bit like the last fucker If I am honest. All in all a bit of a disappointing armageddon. Must try harder.

So - what portentous event happened with you as the world ended?