Happy Birthday The Paras.

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Private_Pepper, Jun 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happy Birthday The Parachute Regiment!

70 years ago today saw the birth of the Mighty Maroon Machine when Sir Winston Churchill asked for a unit of Paratchute troops to be formed.

From Bruneval to Sangin its 70 proud years of dishing out kickings to our country's enemy's and long may it continue. :rmp:
    :salut:

WHAT MANNER OF MEN ARE THOSE WHO WEAR THE Maroon Beret?

They are firstly all volunteers and are toughened by hard physical training. As a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being. They have jumped from the air and by doing so have conquered fear.

Their Duty lies in the van of battle. They are proud of this honor and have never failed in any task. They have the highest standards in all things whether it be skill in battle or smartness in exertion of all peacetime duties. They have shown themselves to be as tenacious in defense as they are courageous in the attack. They are in fact, Men apart every man an Emperor.

Of all the factors which make for success in battle, the spirit of the Warrior is the most decisive. That spirit will be found in full measure in the Men who wear the Maroon Beret.

Airborne

• Like Like x 1
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

A poignant time to remind the that they were born under the wing of the Army Air Corps, giving them street cred and handsomeness from the off.

Sadly this curtailed in 1949, but never the less Happy Birthday and may there be many more, without disbandment, merging or standard dropping.

Might even raise a glass of fizzy vimto to Paratroopers past and present.

[​IMG]

4. It doesnt say anything about masterbating copiously. All I seem to have taken out of my time there is the abilty to flop it out when I'm bored. Which is often.

5. Fixed that for you :) Happy ABF day (26 June in DBX, had my invite, just waiting for the gumshield and head guard to arrive!!))

IMD

6. Biatch! :lol:

7. Well who needs 200 years of history when you can have the whole of the British Army hating you in 70 years :D :D

8. You were there at the start weren't you Gungy!!

9. And Churchill needed a Sapper to get the Airborne going!

10. Para's were formed from the Guards, FACT.

Shame you let you foot drill go to pot.
    Chippies

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Why hate you? Waste of energy, just you lot keep fighting amongst yourselves. 8O :D 8)

I have just realised that I am only 10 years younger than The Parachute Regiment!!!!

Yes, younger you bastards :evil:

12. Not exactly, although there was a preponderance of Guards Officers. (I wondered how long it would take for a guards type to jump on Muhandis' thread! :)

13. The polo ponies were a pain in the arrse though,fecking area cleang took ages :)

14. Happy Birthday Cherry Berets.

Get some time in!

15. Happy Birthday the Reg, long may our shenanigans continue.