Happy Birthday The Paras.

Happy Birthday The Parachute Regiment!

70 years ago today saw the birth of the Mighty Maroon Machine when Sir Winston Churchill asked for a unit of Paratchute troops to be formed.

From Bruneval to Sangin its 70 proud years of dishing out kickings to our country's enemy's and long may it continue. :rmp:
:salut:

WHAT MANNER OF MEN ARE THOSE WHO WEAR THE Maroon Beret?

They are firstly all volunteers and are toughened by hard physical training. As a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being. They have jumped from the air and by doing so have conquered fear.

Their Duty lies in the van of battle. They are proud of this honor and have never failed in any task. They have the highest standards in all things whether it be skill in battle or smartness in exertion of all peacetime duties. They have shown themselves to be as tenacious in defense as they are courageous in the attack. They are in fact, Men apart every man an Emperor.

Of all the factors which make for success in battle, the spirit of the Warrior is the most decisive. That spirit will be found in full measure in the Men who wear the Maroon Beret.

Airborne

A poignant time to remind the that they were born under the wing of the Army Air Corps, giving them street cred and handsomeness from the off.

Sadly this curtailed in 1949, but never the less Happy Birthday and may there be many more, without disbandment, merging or standard dropping.

Might even raise a glass of fizzy vimto to Paratroopers past and present.

It doesnt say anything about masterbating copiously. All I seem to have taken out of my time there is the abilty to flop it out when I'm bored. Which is often.

I

In_my_day

Private_Pepper said:

They are firstly all volunteers and are toughened by hard physical training. As a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being. Most of them have jumped from the air and by doing so have conquered fear.

Their Duty lies in the van of battle. They are proud of this honor and have never failed in any task. They have the highest standards in all things whether it be skill in battle or smartness in exertion of all peacetime duties. They have shown themselves to be as tenacious in defense as they are courageous in the attack. They are in fact, Men apart every man an Emperor.

Of all the factors which make for success in battle, the spirit of the Warrior is the most decisive. That spirit will be found in full measure in the Men who wear the Maroon Beret.

Airborne
Fixed that for you :) Happy ABF day (26 June in DBX, had my invite, just waiting for the gumshield and head guard to arrive!!))

IMD

In_my_day said:
Private_Pepper said:

They are firstly all volunteers and are toughened by hard physical training. As a result they have that infectious optimism and that offensive eagerness which comes from physical well being. Most of them have jumped from the air and by doing so have conquered fear.

Airborne
Fixed that for you :) Happy ABF day (26 June in DBX, had my invite, just waiting for the gumshield and head guard to arrive!!))

IMD
Biatch! :lol:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Gungythree said:
Auld-Yin said:
Well who needs 200 years of history when you can have the whole of the British Army hating you in 70 years :D :D
Why hate you? Waste of energy, just you lot keep fighting amongst yourselves. 8O :D 8)

I have just realised that I am only 10 years younger than The Parachute Regiment!!!!

Yes, younger you bastards :evil:

taggytwo said:
Para's were formed from the Guards, FACT.

Shame you let you foot drill go to pot.
Chippies
Not exactly, although there was a preponderance of Guards Officers. (I wondered how long it would take for a guards type to jump on Muhandis' thread! :)

Oyibo said:
taggytwo said:
Para's were formed from the Guards, FACT.

Shame you let you foot drill go to pot.
Chippies
Not exactly, although there was a preponderance of Guards Officers. (I wondered how long it would take for a guards type to jump on Muhandis' thread! :)
The polo ponies were a pain in the arrse though,fecking area cleang took ages :)

Drlligaf said:
Happy Birthday Cherry Berets.

Get some time in!
They are maroon you tit

Porridge_gun said:
A poignant time to remind the that they were born under the wing of the Army Air Corps, giving them street cred and handsomeness from the off.

Sadly this curtailed in 1949, but never the less Happy Birthday and may there be many more, without disbandment, merging or standard dropping.

Might even raise a glass of fizzy vimto to Paratroopers past and present.

Whats the story behind the top photo PG?

I shall be raising a glass and then an extra glass to those boys in 1 Para who displayed such excellent markmanship skills in NI!!

And of course a glass to absent friends!

Happy Birthday Maroon Machine!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
arcticfox042 Royal Navy 9
spaz REME 10
Raven2008 Tanks, planes & ships 60