Happy Birthday TA - 100 Today

#2
100 years, why does it feel like I've served for most of it? Anyway, looking forward to a few beers tonight.
 
F

fozzy

Guest
#4
Happy Birthday Terriers everywhere.

What an uninspiring load of stock images the TA 100 website is - its almost like we're an embarassment, and the website designer couldn't be arsed.
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#6
Happy Birthday indeed!

If anyone is interested, there is an Adjournment Debate in the Commons tonight, on the Centenary of the TA, led by Maj/Mr Mark Lancaster MP RE(V) - I'm sure there'll be a few spare seats!

And so kind of the RAF to wear their uniforms to work today to help us celebrate. Or are they wearing them for April Fools? Who can tell?
 
#7
You can't move for information on TA100 Celebrations, other than what's on ARRSE.

Perhaps it's an Officers and Civil Servants thing only, while the toms wait for their bounty!
 
#8
Hoorah, 100 years old. Although you wouldn't think it, haven't heart a single bleat about it on the radio on the way into work. The bbc have a story on their front page although not very high up on their rankings.

BBC Story
 
#9
OldSnowy said:
Happy Birthday indeed!

If anyone is interested, there is an Adjournment Debate in the Commons tonight, on the Centenary of the TA, led by Maj/Mr Mark Lancaster MP RE(V) - I'm sure there'll be a few spare seats!

And so kind of the RAF to wear their uniforms to work today to help us celebrate. Or are they wearing them for April Fools? Who can tell?
Is it after Champions League Football?
 
F

fozzy

Guest
#10
Frangipano said:
You can't move for information on TA100 Celebrations, other than what's on ARRSE.

Perhaps it's an Officers and Civil Servants thing only, while the toms wait for their bounty!
Apart from the lucky few attending the summer picnic at the Big House, I suspect that the usual lunch club will be bolstering the various junkets within Luncheon District and the Shires. Trebles all round!
 

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
GuybrushThreepwood said:
Hoorah, 100 years old. Although you wouldn't think it, haven't heart a single bleat about it on the radio on the way into work. The bbc have a story on their front page although not very high up on their rankings.

BBC Story
That's quite a nice article. I'm curious about this line though:

The TA now makes up the entire medical contingent in Afghanistan
Anyone know if that's actually true?
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#14
My goodness, but the BBC can spin when they want to! The Medical Services in Afghanistan are NOT 100% TA, never have been, never intended to be either.

and as for the "With the falling number of recruits - currently at about 36,000" - what crap. TA turnover has been at around 30% for at least 30 years, probably a lot longer. It's something the TA is used to, if never happy with. How many lads come in for a couple of weekends and find it's not for them? Quite a lot, I'd say - but at least they've had a go!
 
#15
Vimeiro said:
The link below,

TA 100
Well, 2Lt Harrison earns a slap - "The TA has changed so much even in the time I have been in. It used to be a sort of Saturdays and Sundays club, but now..."

Yup, thanks, twenty years of graft and hard work, glad to know I spent it in a "Saturday and Sundays club".

Don't they do PR training at RMAS anymore? And can her OC and CSM drag her around a corner and explain to her what she's just said?
 
#16
OldSnowy said:
My goodness, but the BBC can spin when they want to! The Medical Services in Afghanistan are NOT 100% TA, never have been, never intended to be either.
at least though there saying somethings that are positive both about the TA and the fact that its the Centenary... somewhat more that one eyes and his part time clerk have...

Huzzar terriers... may we be proud of our service one and all.
 
#18
Gravelbelly said:
Vimeiro said:
The link below,

TA 100
Well, 2Lt Harrison earns a slap - "The TA has changed so much even in the time I have been in. It used to be a sort of Saturdays and Sundays club, but now..."

Yup, thanks, twenty years of graft and hard work, glad to know I spent it in a "Saturday and Sundays club".

Don't they do PR training at RMAS anymore? And can her OC and CSM drag her around a corner and explain to her what she's just said?
Perhaps she's confusing TA and OTC?


With regard to marking the occasion, does anybody know of a Centurion Gate Guardian that we can quickly adopt (today)?
 
#19
putteesinmyhands said:
Gravelbelly said:
Vimeiro said:
The link below,

TA 100
Well, 2Lt Harrison earns a slap - "The TA has changed so much even in the time I have been in. It used to be a sort of Saturdays and Sundays club, but now..."

Yup, thanks, twenty years of graft and hard work, glad to know I spent it in a "Saturday and Sundays club".

Don't they do PR training at RMAS anymore? And can her OC and CSM drag her around a corner and explain to her what she's just said?
Perhaps she's confusing TA and OTC?


With regard to marking the occasion, does anybody know of a Centurion Gate Guardian that we can quickly adopt (today)?
She is referring to the old nickname for TA.
 
#20
Don't be too hard on 2Lt Harrison. The fact that other news coverage trots out the same "it was a drinking club but now we're useful" message is no accident. What you are reading is the firmly held opinion of the TA100 Communications Director.



And yes, there is one.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top