Happy Birthday Marines!

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by slackbladder, Oct 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AT THE COURT AT WHITEHALL THE 28TH OF OCTOBER 1664

present

THE KINGS MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY
    HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUKE OF YORK
    LORD CHANCELLOR
    EARL OF MIDDLETON
    LORD TREASURER
    LORD BISHOP OF LONDON
    DUKE OF ALBIMARLE
    LORD ASHLEY
    DUKE OF ORMOND
    Mr VICE CHAMBERLAIN
    LORD CHAMBERLAIN
    Mr SECRETARY MORICE
    EARL ANGLESSY
    Mr SECRETARY BERMIT
    EARL OF LAUDERDAILL
    Mr CHANCILLOR
    SIR EDWARD NICHOLAS
    THE DUTCHY

Upon a report from the lords and commissioners for the affairs of His Majesty's Navy Royal and Admiralty of this Kingdom this day read at the board;

His Majesty was pleased to order and direct (amongst other things) that twelve hundred Land Soldiers be forth with raised, to be in readiness, to be distributed into His Majesty's Fleet prepared for Sea Service.

Which said twelve hundred men are to be put into one Regiment Under One Colonel, One Lieutenant Colonel and one Sergeant Major, and to be divided into six companies.

Each Company to consist of two hundred Soldiers; and to have one Captain, One Lieutenant, One Ensign, One Drummer, Four Sergeants and Four Corporals, and all the Soldiers aforesaid to be armed with good Firelocks;

All which Arms, Drums and Colours are fortwith to be prepared and furnished out of His Majesty's stores;

The care of all which is recommended to the Duke of Albimarle his Grace Lord of His Majesty's Forces.

Happy Birthday to all / any Royals out there. 341 today, not the oldest I know!
    Still recovering after an almighty Regimental Dinner last night, a Port hangover from hell is now looming large..... At least it's Friday

2. Here here! Happy birthday!

3. Ah!..............The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot.........Happy Birthday to yer!!

GOM has fond (but fuzzy) memories of these people.................for some reason, after about eleventy three pints, they always find the need to take their clothes off............also, sharing a Woodbine with a certain Royals CSgt at SW Wing, Netheravon whilst we decided if my 'Bed In, 4 Mortars...........' were landing in Wiltshire or Hants!

And that was on Finals Week during my MFC lead!!

A glass will be raised at GOM Towers tonight.

4. There's something about heavy weapons the world over be it 3 PARA mortars or 40 CDO mad, mental, mortars.... enough said!

As for getting naked, it's in the blood. I did have a WO in the Cheshires call us the "Rum, bum and 'baccy Brigade" did'nt know if it was a compliment or not..........

5. Happy Birthday!
    I remember remarking to the current Mrs Foz when watching the T200 finale in Trafalgar Square last week, that I was amazed that said booties were fully clothed when they rocked up on the scene!

But I suppose everyone was on their bestest behaviour in front of "The Guv'nor".