Happy Birthday Boss

Gotta wonder for how much longer though? No one can take away the fact that She has served this country impeccably, never missing a beat and never saying the wrong thing, despite having fectards and brain farts around her, despite horrible anuses and children who wouldn't know “partner for life” and “faithfulness” if it slapped them in face.
This country has never been in the position before where a monarch could knock up a century and still be “in office”. I hope She is able to realise that serving Her country doesn’t have to be until Her death and none of us would think anything less of her if She stepped down and handed over the reigns to Charlie.
God Bless You Ma’am

I think the whole Edward VIII thing still weighs heavily, and she won't step aside.
I also think the sense of duty is a big factor.
Possibly DOE isn't 100% in agreement with some of Charlie's ideas, and that will influence.

Yet considering the way some past monarchs have gone, beheaded, red-hot pokers, off their rockers to name a couple. Then to keel over uncomplainingly in the service of your country and people is maybe the best example she could set for the modern generation.

I think after so long she would be like many that retire, still wanting to be involved. She does deserve a few quiet years for herself though IMHO.

All the best to her.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Her Majesty will do whatever she wants to do. Happy Birthday Ma'am.

93 today and still serving.
Your loyal and faithful servant
WW
Well said! Many happy returns Ma'am.

When my Mum was in hospital, my niece (sort of - long story) made up a sort of collage for her. There was a picture of Her Majesty on a horse (or it might have been with a horse) in it. The Stroke recovery/rehabilitation ward was called the Elizabeth ward.

I have always been impressed with the conciliatory and inclusive tone of Her Majesty's comments to the media, seeking us to find our common values. We need to pay heed to the Queen and her apolitical reflections.

God Bless!

Happy Easter too! The Christian message of repentance and forgiveness are frequently part of Her Majesty's reflections.

Last edited:
I think the whole Edward VIII thing still weighs heavily, and she won't step aside.
I don’t think it’s that, she sees her reign as a duty and will continue until she no longer can. We can see that she is preparing both Charles and William for their duties

I have it on good authority that HM does not usually log in to ARRSE until the evenings when she's generally three-quarters pissed.

I'm sure that she'll pick up all your kind birthday wishes then.

If she makes it to 100 (her mum did), will she send herself a telegram?

Happy Birthday ma’am.
Only if somebody in the family sends a letter or applies online to the relevant office at Buck House.
When they do, they can, of course mention, or tick the box, to have the greeting in Welsh.

I also think the sense of duty is a big factor.
Possibly DOE isn't 100% in agreement with some of Charlie's ideas, and that will influence.

Yet considering the way some past monarchs have gone, beheaded, red-hot pokers, off their rockers to name a couple. Then to keel over uncomplainingly in the service of your country and people is maybe the best example she could set for the modern generation.

I think after so long she would be like many that retire, still wanting to be involved. She does deserve a few quiet years for herself though IMHO.

All the best to her.
I'm not sure the modern generation see HM as the best example. Less value is placed in tradition and the elderly are seen as a burden. The current generation revere sleb and yoof culture. They are more interested in what some vacuous trendy pop starlet or this months favourite TV soap star has to say than anything Her Maj says or does.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well I slipped screaming in to this world when her Dad was Boss and probably will see her son as the next Boss but with longevity being in the Windsor/Mounbatten genes I doubt I will see a fourth!

Just think of the things that we now take for granted that were not around in the UK 1952: TV adverts, commercial jets and the annual chavs trip to Magaluf, mobile phones and t'interweb, Magnum Ice Cream - wasn't life just so much easier then.

OK there was polio and rickets and stuff like that, but it was character building!

What the modern generation sees and does is what they will have to live with.

Many of us however have been privileged to have had such an impressive example of dedication to duty, long service, and country first.

God go with her.

Are all the site Republicans asleep or on holiday? :smile:

I have it on good authority that HM does not usually log in to ARRSE until the evenings when she's generally three-quarters pissed.

I'm sure that she'll pick up all your kind birthday wishes then.
I also have it on good authority that she goes out on a Friday night with ACAB and regularly drinks him under the table.

I'm not sure the modern generation see HM as the best example. Less value is placed in tradition and the elderly are seen as a burden. The current generation revere sleb and yoof culture. They are more interested in what some vacuous trendy pop starlet or this months favourite TV soap star has to say than anything Her Maj says or does.
Yep but let’s face it, who gives a flying fectard about yoof, thankfully there’s enough of us ol farts to ensure tradition and the old guard remain important, and before the yoof know it, they will be old n crusty too and standing up for what’s traditional right, so ensuring pomp n ceremony continue for a few more hundred years.
By then the yoof will be on ta respectin sum uva fing or sleb wiv no brain and half a glimmer of charisma