Happy as Larry?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ex-Ten, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who is (was) Larry, and what is (was) he so happy about?

2. FFS, it's Friday night. Can we have something interesting?

3. Yeah I'd love to.

4. Of course you would.....

5. Larry was a lamb, he was happy because he was fucked regularly and gave his life so Welsh ginger cunts could eat. God rest him.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Fuck me. I missed the after-show party tonight because I thought it would be a bore. And now this?

Well fuck it. Lets blow the tank and drive a bus, shall we?

7. Let drive something a bit more Manly than a bus.....
    Deltic 55019 on Train simulator - YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  8. It was Sir Laurence Olivier the phrase is named after, although married to Vivien Leigh this was just a convenient cover. Allegedly.

Happy was a euphemism for being homosexual.

As this is the naafi bar, he took it up the hoop.

• Like Like x 2
  9. You really do need to get a hobby other than collecting hookers nipples.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Well well. Well done and spot on. I shall give you a 'Like' once I recover from the realisation that one of you doss-cunts has a brain (nowt personal).

That is indeed the source of "Happy as Larry". A man who went both ways, as they say.

Now, for the fridge freezer, who can tell us the origin of the expression "In like Flynn?"

Clue: Nah. Do a Google.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh I thought it was something to do with an Australian boxer or so google said, fucked if I knew.

12. 55019 was "The Highland Fusilier", therefore one of the ones from the 2 northern depots, but, thin as is it, there is white around the windows, which suggests london (Finchley?)

13. Errol Flynn pork swordsman of legend.As my kiwi father in law says "In like Flynn, out with a snout.".

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think I know this one;

He was cleared of doing a Jimmy Savile on two under-agers in the early 1940's?

The phrase became slang for getting away with it I believe?

As a youngster I used to confuse this phrase with James Coburn as he had a similarly named film or two.