Happy 75th Birthday

Reckon they'll survive to see their 100th?

I reckon you should all amalgamate into the RLC, we have the space now we have binned the chunks.

The Corps has developed Alzheimers and has gone mental.

Good grief. That means that it is 25 years since I earned the "if you weren't wet you weren't there" sweatshirt that I found a couple of weeks ago. 37 years-worth of mostly great memories. Good luck to the current and future generations: you will certainly need it. Arte et Marte. Ned.

Reckon they'll survive to see their 100th?

I reckon you should all amalgamate into the RLC, we have the space now we have binned the chunks.
Don't kid yourself, they're just waiting for HMQ to peg out and then REME, RLC & AGC can all be rebadged into the RASC. There's a hangar full of King's Crown RASC capbadges that wasn't lost in the fabled fire at Donny.

To be honest amalgamation with RLC wouldn't be all bad. At least it would water down the proportion of divorced from reality, biscuit obsessed bellends in the RHQs. In my fairly extensive experience, there are less RLC officers than REME officers who are absolute cnuts.

Of course this may be because the stackers and truckers are too thick to spell Machiavellian, let alone be it. Still it might be nice to have a Tim Nice But Dim OC for a change. Certainly more pleasant than the seemingly endless line of REME Bn belters all fully signed up to the latest lunacy to emanate from Lyneham, who collectively seem to want to test the Corps to destruction.

So happy birthday REME, countdown to Alzheimer's and incontinence starts now.

Twist to open...

Back on the site after a number of years, had to change email address and password as on new provider. Served in the Corps from 71-87, ended up as a Sergeant, Trade Clerk for 3 years then change of trade to Armourer for 12 years

Back on the site after a number of years, had to change email address and password as on new provider. Served in the Corps from 71-87, ended up as a Sergeant, Trade Clerk for 3 years then change of trade to Armourer for 12 years
That's a lovely blue jacket

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The Intelligence Cell 23
GunnersQuadrant The Intelligence Cell 3
E The Intelligence Cell 8