Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Nov 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today we celebrate around the world the 235th birthday of our beloved Corps.

This is a message from our Commandant in 1921 traditionally read at every celebration wherever it takes place around the world to remind us of our heritage:

2. happy birthday, and many happy returns!
  3. Happy birthday, Gyrenes
  4. From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli,
    We fight our country's battles in the air, on land and sea.
    First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean;
    We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine.

Our Flag's unfurled to every breeze from dawn to setting sun.
    We have fought in every clime and place, where we could take a gun.
    In the snow of far off northern lands and in sunny tropic scenes, You will find us always on the job, the United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps, which we are proud to serve.
    In many a strife we've fought for life and never lost our nerve.
    If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes,
    they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines.

Happy birthday Uncle Sam's Misguided Children ;-)!
  5. JJH - to you and all who serve with the USMC (whichever meaning you put on it) - a truly happy birthday, the very best of luck and keep on doing what you tend to do pretty damn well. How's the boy doing by the way? Semper Fi!
  6. Happy Birthday, Marines.

Semper Fi!
  7. Happy Birthday Marines. If nothing else, you have learned to throw a damn good party. Looking forward to it!
  8. I went out to buy a card that said 'Happy 235th Birthday' but had no luck, they must be out of stock.
    Happy Birthday to all past and present members of the USMC.
  9. Best wishes to all members of the Corps, serving and retired. You add dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl if left to the Army of the USA! Many fond memories of Marine League and evenings spent swinging the lantern with USMC guys and girls. They may be septics but they can drink like Brits!
  10. Funny how it is always soldiers' sons who are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan and not politicians' sons. Truly semper fidelis.
  11. Cuddles i think you have stated a very valid point. Is there any politician in the uk or us that has a son or daughter at risk.
  12. RIP. Condolances to family and friends.

Semper Fidilus.
  13. Happy Birthday, Little Bro... :p :p

14. There have been a few from the side of the pond JJH and I come from. I know Senator McCain has a son who served as a Marine in iraq, one who is a USN pilot and a son who graduated last year from USNA and not sure if he deployed yet. V.P. Joe Biden son, Beau, is or was an officer in the National Guard and served in Iraq. A know the son of a US Army 4* just returned from deployment as a SGT with a reserve infantry unit.

That was off thread but my sympathy to the Kelly family and happy Birthday to the Marines