Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 2020 from Latvia

You smoke fish? My neighbours, the Cloggies, smoke grass.
Don't like grass I prefer weed...but not skunk, stuff is deadly.

his friends make hooch - Czech
I worked with a Czech in Libya, he taught me about making moonshine. We converted an window aircon unit into a still and left it in situ because we got raided occasionally by the Libyan old bill looking for bribable offences. I now have a converted burco boiler in my garage for my little hobby.

I worked with a Czech in Libya, he taught me about making moonshine. We converted an window aircon unit into a still and left it in situ because we got raided occasionally by the Libyan old bill looking for bribable offences. I now have a converted burco boiler in my garage for my little hobby.

Years ago I knew a chap who turned a copper boiler into a still. Long gone now, but when he was alive he used to make his own cherry brandy amongst other things. All hidden away in a council house. Rumour has it that the son dismantled it all and flogged it to a chap who,erm, needed a new boiler. Honest.

Home brew seems to be alive and well in eastern Europe. I watched a documentary about Rumania recently, in a village in the middle of nowhere one family had a still, operated by granddad. After a days work in the fields or woods everyone gathered round the still for a quick "aperitif" or two of freshly distilled rocket fuel vodka.