Happiness is Iraq in my rear view mirror.....

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Goatman, Dec 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Well, I hope PTP wont mind it seemed a suitable thread to air this one in :

Heavyweight cotton

Colour BLACK as pictured

Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL and XXL( - ' A fine tent Effendi...I give you 3 goats for her !' )

Price: available to ARRSE Telic veterans for a knock-down......I dunno......£13:50 each, with profits to RBL ?

PM me with your size if you are interest, as I'd like to send a consolidated order.

Thank you,

Le Chevre
  2. Goaty:

Are you being serious?
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Yeah - orders for three shirts so far...want one ?
  4. Oh god, I'm asking for a kick in the nuts here.

Yes please mate. Medium.
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hmm...I see PTP has shunted this as far away from Current Affairs as he can....in my view this T shirt is a pretty wry comment on the situation in Iraq and its being retailed by a US site which is linked to the US Army...so what does that tell you ?

It tells me that, no matter what the Administration says in public, the grunts who put their lives on the line know EXACTLY what the score is....

So sorry if your earnest thread on Gen Odom's statement was inadvertently polluted PTP.....and your order is noted Stabs.
    Will see if there are any other takers and place the order by Friday next week. I'll PM you with where to send the cheque after that.

Anybody else who is interested (standfast PTP who obviously disapproves of my eternal levity) plse PM me with your order - if we get enough I might persuade them to do a sand coloured one which can be worn with CS95 !

Le Chevre
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I aim to put in a consolidated order by Friday.

Orders recvd from : Stab Tiff

Anybody else ? - PM with size.

Le Chevre
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Right people, aiming to place the order at cop today Friday

- anyone else want one ?
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Too old to

Sorry for the delay - Had a problem with the original site but have successfully placed my own order today.

Suggest I wait until I get mine to see if they're any cop and THEN place your orders - happy ?

You can order direct at http://www.soldiercity.com/product-exec/product_id/10596 if you prefer?

9. Wouldn't postage be cheaper if split many ways as opposed to paying it twice?
  10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

sorry for the delay....all the US stockists I contacted don't ship this way...so i've sent the artwork to a fab company in Swansea ( there's lovely boyo !) who I hope will get back to me soonest.

I'll assume goods are still required unless i hear otherwise....

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Guys ( and Bossyboots) ,

sorry this has stalled: none of the US suppliers can ship this way for reasons which beat the sh7t outta me......so, had some correspondence with the ABF (see below) and will keep you posted....not giving up on this yet !

No problem will do my best to get back to you Monday if that's ok. As you know we are closing, so I'll get you a good deal anyway and should you wiish to make a donation that would be lovely.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 03 March 2006 09:28
    To: Amanda Gill
    Subject: RE: ABF Enterprises - printed tee shirts ?

I want to get some Tee shirts made up. I thought that if I used the same printer as the ABF we could raise some money over the cost of the shirts to go to the ABF ?

Grateful for a call if you have a moment today if possible please?

Many thanks,

sorry folks....wait out still.....thank you for your patience.

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

been in touch with the ABF's recommended printer and await prices...more to follow soonest. Wait out (again !) arrrgh !)

El Cabra 8)
  13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

( been to Stores then ?...Did they give you that Long Weight I ordered ? )

I am pleased to report that

1) Army Benevolent Fund has agreed that these shirts are Sold in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund (Registered charity number 211645)

2) An initial order for shirts in BLACK Size XL is underway .Should be with me in 2 weeks

3) As will new KHAKI (size MEDIUM) shirts - as pictured in the Gallery

Both shirts are (deliberately) valueweight, by Fruit of the Loom. ( Cuts, the Size 12 one I donated was a prototype)

These have the logo on the BACK and the khaki shirt can be worn under CS95.

Price as per earlier note £13:50 per shirt plus P&P.
    Sold in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund (Registered charity number 211645)

Sorry it has taken so long !

Le Chevre
  14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Thought this would be better served in Charities.
  15. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thank you Mods ( whoever was responsible).

Will post a decent shot of the British Army -friendly Khaki T-shirt here as soon as available....nominations for who should model it ? :)

( and no - Kylie is already doing the black one....)

Le Chevre