Hanwag vs lowas.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by bigjock1229, Sep 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes yes I know, another boot thread. Just looking for some opinions on what you guys prefer. My lowa combat gtx are coming to the end of their days.
    Do I stick with what I know or Try something new. Am not a fan of altbergs. Any opinions on hanwags?

2. Comes up with nowt

3. I sold my Hanwags to The Bat for £50 - they were brand new bar being worn around the house; just didn't get on with them. Lowas every time for me, although I always go for a slightly larger size i.e. 44 (normally I'm a 43).

4. Wear what you're issued with you big tart.

However, if I may, a word in your shell-like: We'll all be wearing brown boots soon so don't go spending too much on anything black.

5. It'll be interesting to see how many manufacturers (albeit Altberg) who will increase their range to offer a brown version for all the service bods with cash to splash or simply upgrading.

I recently emailed Danner as their range is quite limited to what we could get away with PCS MTP.

6. RVOps

RVOps Sponsor

Lowa will manufacture some of their range in new military brown but you are looking at 4-6 months lead time. They have also got some lightweight boots being developed for the Police market, some of them may be available this side of Xmas.

7. 4-6 months?

This timeframe surprises me somewhat considering the demand is out there already & manufacturers are rather slow off the mark on this issue.

I'm fully aware there's still Police, Prison staff & security bods will continue to wear black boots but the move over to MTP PCS meant that boots would eventually follow suit, unless the mainstream brands have been waiting and holding back on producing a wider range?

8. RVOps

RVOps Sponsor

The time frame is pretty standard for boot manufacturers - they have been waiting on final confirmation of the colour, they submitted black boots initially then were asked to manufacture green boots before the MOD settled on brown.

9. Green boots! Christ, that was a narrow escape.....

10. Almost as bad as Camo...jeez.

11. HAIX are one of the new issue brown boots and there better than lowa and hanwag. just wait for them

12. I use green boots with mtp in the field and it looks better than brown, which was a surprise