Hanwag vs Lowa sizes?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by beta_male, Oct 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am looking to buy a pair of Hanwag Special Forces GTX. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to order them online, and I am concerned about the sizing.

I have a pair of Lowa Patrol boots in size UK10½ that fit me perfectly (however, I have found them to be less than durable...)

Does anyone know if Hanwag boots run either true-to-size as Lowa or if they tend be smaller/larger?

Any help will be appreciated.
  2. My hanwags were the same size wise as my altbergs and they are the same as my old lowas were, so by simple maths I deduce that yes. Hanwag sizing is the same as Lowa sizing. Good choice too by the way! Helluva comfy set of boots.
    :edited to incorporate what the duke said: All 3 of the above that I had we're regular width, the hanwags were slightly more snug but by no means uncomfortably so.
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I don't know about true sizing, but I have found Hanwags to be very narrow across the foot. In fact, that is why the fit me better.

Don't buy them online without trying them beforehand unless you have a no-quibble return option.