Hanwag boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HENDO, Aug 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thinking about buying a pair of these are they any good compaired to the likes of Lowa's

2. I stock Hanwag in preference to Lowa. Having tested a pair of each before settling on the Hanwag. I found the Hanwag had a more flexible sole, ankle area was softer. Ready to wear all day straight from the box unlike the Lowas that took some time to soften around the ankle. Having said that others have insisted their Lowas were fine staright from the box too. Quality is identical, design very similar. Rumour has their both made in the same place but I've not seen any proof. I strongly suggest buying half a size larger than your usual, both brands seem small to size, Lowas especially. If you settle on the Hanwag let me know, I'll give a discount for an ARRSE user. http://www.ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=77&products_id=245

3. I stock Hanwag in preference to Lowa. Having tested a pair of each before settling on the Hanwag. I found the Hanwag had a more flexible sole, ankle area was softer. Ready to wear all day straight from the box unlike the Lowas that took some time to soften around the ankle. Having said that others have insisted their Lowas were fine staright from the box too. Quality is identical, design very similar. Rumour has their both made in the same place but I've not seen any proof. I strongly suggest buying half a size larger than your usual, both brands seem small to size, Lowas especially. If you settle on the Hanwag let me know, I'll give a discount for an ARRSE user. http://www.ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=77&products_id=245

4. Hi, I was advised to get a pair the same size(11W) as my issued assault boots. When they came they were too small and have now been replaced with a pair of 11 1/2 which feel pretty loose. Point being if you have stupid feet, try 'em on first.