Hangovers

The worst thing about working in RHQ is the inability the convincingly hide the absolutely massive 'would kill a civvy' hangover that I am currently cursed with, due to a most excellent Offrs to Sgts Christmas function last night.

Can anyone suggest a meaningless chore I can complete at my desk until it is time to go home? At the moment it is MS, but I am concerned that I am damaging the careers of my soldiers through my inability to focus.....

Sympathise with you today old chap, I asked for a late start after a Xmas do and got the royal F O fromm my RAF Sgt!! Who interestingly has PHONED in sick today...no Med Cen and chitty for these chaps, they just make us Army chaps of stronger stuff lol

I awarded myself a late start due to my inability to raise myself from the horizontal position this morning. Nearly sliced my own head off shaving and currently look like I have been poked in both eyes with a spade.

The pain continues......

Keep those suggestions coming guys. Tried the 'pretending to be dead' for a bit but nobody seemed to notice any difference.

Loving the CNO Santa idea though.....!!

Thats what makes us special you see, the ability to make work regardless of state or being completely unproductive whilst there! I am just about to put stores on my door and go for a looonnggg lunch. I have another do tonight , I love this time of year wouldn't have it any other way.

Gracie said:
You need a nice cup of tea a handfull of Anadin Xtra and a cold cloth for your head....
Oh yes please....! That sounds like the best idea ever.

Can you come round......?

reni_77 said:
Get spewing ! Get in the heads and chunder to your hearts content, then have a power w*nk, works a treat !
I am too weak to make it as far as the Gents - which kinda rules out both options.....

Mutineer said:
Gracie said:
You need a nice cup of tea a handfull of Anadin Xtra and a cold cloth for your head....

Im just making a cup Blackcurrant Lemsip for an Engineer with Man Flu but once thats done I can come round... you see you do need secretaries....

Gracie said:
Mutineer said:
Gracie said:

Im just making a cup Blackcurrant Lemsip for an Engineer with Man Flu but once thats done I can come round... you see you do need secretaries....
Ohhh nurse...

Be quick. I can't last much longer.......

Mutineer said:
Gracie said:
Mutineer said:
Gracie said:

Ohhh nurse...

Be quick. I can't last much longer.......
Oh I think you'll find you probably can.... :wink:

1x Can Irn Bru
1x Greasy Burger

makes you feel better or at least gives you something to vom, which makes you feel better.

Very large cup of tea with lots of sugar.
1 pint of resh orange juice.
2 Nurofen.
2 antacid tablets.
A really good beer sh1t.

That lot will square you well away.

Thanks for all the help guys (and especially Gracie - the cold cloth on the head worked a treat)!

The worst is now over and I am nearly in a fit state to attempt solid foodstuffs.

Won't be too much longer before my blood/alcohol ratio is below the legal drink/drive limit and I can make tracks outta here!!!!

Merry Christmas.

Ho ho ho.

Mutineer said:
The worst thing about working in RHQ is the inability the convincingly hide the absolutely massive 'would kill a civvy' hangover that I am currently cursed with, due to a most excellent Offrs to Sgts Christmas function last night.

Can anyone suggest a meaningless chore I can complete at my desk until it is time to go home? At the moment it is MS, but I am concerned that I am damaging the careers of my soldiers through my inability to focus.....
Find the nearest stationary store, it needs a stock take, with the door shut....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Draft Dodger The NAAFI Bar 53