Hangover from hell

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spr_D, Mar 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lager, Vodka, fine.... I can deal with that and still "motivate myself" in the morning to get my arse in gear and hit work running.

Add Port to the mix though. . . . . Emd-ex, down tools, fast train to hangover city.

I'm aware of Fluids, Fluids, Fluids and I take it as a baseline. As weird as it sounds, one of my favourite "cures" is to wolf a bacon sarnie the morning after, and neck an ice-cream straight after.

Any other proven methods of booting a hangover in the nutsack before it can get its grubby little mitts around your throat in a Gary Glitter fashion?
  2. Shit, litre of flat Coke, shower, fried breakfast, litre of orange juice, another shit then back to sleep.

Got to get rid of the poison.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Shit is dead simple after an evening on Guinness. It's the rest of it that's difficult.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I remember having an attic room at a hotel near Belfast. The bathroom had a skylight right above the throne and I recall thinking what a brilliant idea it was, sitting there in December with the skylight open above me, getting rained on and firing the solid remains of 17 pints of Guinness into the sewer system. A sealed unit would probably have led to my demise judging by what it did to the porcelain.
  5. You could try losing 30 years mate - mixing any kind of drink never seemed to bother us then ^_^
    These days I rarely mix drinks. Last Friday a serious wine tasting followed by a night of stout reminded me why :drunken:

I switched to Beamish because the Guinness was giving me some bad hangovers. The shit bit is still a given, and the rest is easier to deal with :)
  6. A shit, then a wank followed by a diet coke.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A fat bifta and a bacon sarnie usually sets you right for the rest of the day.

Also works for reumatism and ecstasy come downs.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I'm not 30 yet, i can't spare any lol.
  9. Sorry, my bad, confused you with a similar c/s. That being the case you should be flying through hangovers ;P.
  10. I found out as a youngster that Irn-Bru is a good cure, especially when taken with a side dose of bacon sarnie/burger as supplied by the Naffi van on Lydd Ranges. Other cures, shag (or wank if alone or partner repelled by dog breat/farts/ugliness) espcially if you are in bed with a fat lass, shower shit shave.

On a lads' trip top Centre Parks we discovered that 10 minutes in the steam bath can shift a fair amount of toxins from the system and the freezing plunge pool was good for waking up the system (even if it did drive your nuts up round your ears)

Best ever cure for a hangover - get on the lash as soon as possible after waking up!
  11. 400mg of Ibuprofen, 1000mg of paracetamol, 60mg of ranitadine, 2 litres of water, fat boy breakfast, shit, wank/shag. Sorted!

If your under thirty man up you cream puff!
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Ok, 30 in just under a month, still no excuse i admit.
    Wish i could, bossman would probably kick my arse though.
  13. Everyone knows Bacon has magic hangover removal qualities, add 2 fried eggs and 2 rounds of toast to the bacon and away you go.

Realistically though the sicky feeling of a hangover is the lack of electrolytes in your carcass brought on by the copius amount of piising you do, the headaches are brought on by dehydration of the meninges (membranes around the brain) so fire a couple of litres of sports drink down your neck with a big fat fuck off fry up and that will sort the shit out of your hangover. Works for me anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dog hairs of the biter,,,,
  15. As tiger-stacker can confirm :) He solved it by repeated vomiting in between making moaning sounds.