• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Handley Page Herald G-CEXP

Hi all

Not sure if any of you have seen us on Facebook, but we have taken on the Task of Rescuing and restoring the Handley Page Herald G-CEXP at Gatwick airport. She is going to need a new home which we are still looking into, You will see from the photo's on her dedicated Facebook page we are going to need a lot of parts, including a full set of instruments, cabin interior and two Dart engines.

The our main Facebook page is www.facebook.com/UKHeritageAviationTrust/

We have also set up a dedicated page for G-CEXP or XP for Short which is

www.facebook.com/hpheraldcexp/

Duncan Halford

Bit of T-Cut and a couple of air-fresheners, she'll be good as new.

No, that is her current location near the Gatwick Fire service training area

No, it is defiantly a Handley Page Herald

Lol should have checked my spelling

@Dunc0936

Have a word with that git Meeson at Jet2. His shower used to (? Still do) run Heralds under the Channex call sign out of BOH.

Don't hold your breath though, that lot charge for stink on their shit so something like saving a bit of heritage is unlikely to be of interest.

I can remember her on the roof of the viewing area.

Good luck with the venture.

What we really need and hope Jet 2 might still have some where are the log books? We are really hoping they haven't been destroyed

What we really need and hope Jet 2 might still have some where are the log books? We are really hoping they haven't been destroyed
Try the CAA? No idea if they have an archive.

from what I saw of the hangars in Bournemouth, where the simulators are, they never threw anything away! It wouldn't surprise me if they still had Herald documents on shelves.

How long ago was That?

from what I saw of the hangars in Bournemouth, where the simulators are, they never threw anything away! It wouldn't surprise me if they still had Herald documents on shelves.
Which airport was this at and would you know anyone I could contact? I have looked on their website and just come up with their general customer service number

European at Bournemouth. I renewed my multi instrument rating there in the early 2000s and there were at leather five old sims operating in the main hangar. Jet 2 are the modern offspring of that outfit.