Handing in my id card

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by The_Fox_In_The_Box, Nov 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today is my last day in the army after 31 years. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that I have served with over the years, the pleasure has been all mine. Thanks for the memories and the good times. My very best wishes to you all, wherever you are and whatever you are doing. Stay safe, and once again, thank you.

2. 31 years WOW. all the best on civy street, p.s come and join the ta,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3. I'm about to do the same thing, but after 32 and a half years. So all I can say is......

SPROG!!!

Good luck, and hope it goes well, mate.

Best wishes,

Don

4. I initially thought you were handing in the ID card after today's commissioning results!

5. cheers old chap, it's been memorable! will be glad to buy you a congratulatory beer in a few weeks - we're in town about 29 Nov - 02 Dec or thereabouts.

(alternatively, feel free to hide behind the sofa till we're gone :) )

6. Hang on to your MoD90. You may need it to prove your age...

7. Thanks for the memories - Your First Aid (I think) lesson on one of those dreaded FIU training weekends in the early 90s was a particular stand out. Good luck for the future.

8. Yeah, I remember those. Especially the one in about 93! Recall any romances on that weekend? I do! The First Aid lessons were actually good... it's just that the rest of the weekend was particularly pump. Apart from the romance that is. x

9. I remember one of the training weekends where it pissed it down so hard that our range cards just disintegrated in our hands while we were trying to write them - the DS were sitting in a car.

10. PM'd you my contact details.