Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handguns in British Service

mrboo

LE
Steyr had a SABOT firing assault rifle back in the 90s i wonder if you could get that on a shot gun licence.
Steyr ARC

On the subject of the Mauser C/96.......

Would this set up have been much use against attacking enemy Aircraft In WW-1?
View attachment 534649
The earliest aerial engagements were pilots blatting rounds at each other with pistols so that looks like a step up. Must have been fun to reload.

The Italians had the Villar-Perosa set up which was basically 2 SMGs. Used by Sean Connery in one of the Indian Jones films.

download.jpeg.jpg

600px-IJLC-PlaneGun07aaaaa.jpg

Steyr had a SABOT firing assault rifle back in the 90s i wonder if you could get that on a shot gun licence.
Steyr ARC
Steyr ACR had a rifled barrel 1:85 according to Ian MCullom at 7.44 in the video above. Even if it had a smooth bore barrel, it’d still be Section 5 as it has burst fire capability ie
‘any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger;’

HE117

LE
Steyr ACR had a rifled barrel 1:85 according to Ian MCullom at 7.44 in the video above. Even if it had a smooth bore barrel, it’d still be Section 5 as it has burst fire capability ie
‘any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger;’
... and the ammunition would be at least Section 1!

I don't have the address to hand, but there is a dealer over here who sell's surplus flechettes by the pound/lb. Allegedly it is old Vietnam era surplus stock.

Latest Threads