Handgrenade Clears IOW Copshop

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Gremlin, Jan 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I bet this caused a few twitchy botties!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/6302351.stm

2. I SINCERELY hope that they didn't wind this one off in the station...

Out in the field next door perhaps, just to make the point, but not wrecking the front desk, PLEASE...

36Ms used to turn up all the time. Don't know what the current yield is but it used to be 3-4 a month a few years back. I think every squaddie coming back from europe had one!

It used to be WW1 junk in the seventies, now it is WW2 - grandad pops his clogs and whaddya know - two grenades, a luger and a coal scuttle helmet in the loft...

Interesting to know what will turn up thirty years from now... Macarovs and RPGs perhaps? (Or are the RMP any better than in the past?)

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Suprising, it usually takes a 30% discount at the local kebab shop to clear Newport cop shop.

4. Is the old lady being detained under the terrorism act and shipped of to gauntanamo?

How the f**k did they lose the firing pin, sounds like one of the coppers fancied a play with something that goes bang, pulled out the pin, shat himself and called in EOD.

5. Drama queens.