Handbags .....

A

armadillo

well, I am at my 16 1/2 point caught in the pension trap, however i know my pension is not what is was guaranteed, so an extra loss. Also part of the pension payable at 65 may be moved to 70. I have to drive 10,000 miles a year (no service vehicle available, no accommodation either, HTD) My HTD was lowered by 20% whilst fuel went up 15% and is due to go up 3% in the New Year, the accommodation (married Unaccompanied) is a annex as there is no room in the mess, it is half the size of a caravan with absolute zero storage. Heating does not work and the ablutions are ajoke.

Currently APC have tried on three seperate occaisions to kick me out, (they have commited several career fouls and are trying earnestly to cover them up)

I cannot get a mortgage as there is no one who would be willing to help out with this.

JPA is designed to save money by making it nigh on impossible for a non SPS guru to understand it,

I am nearly prone to walking, though the grass is browner on the outside.

There is no job out there, no housing and eff all pay,

Its not jus the Officers who are fucked off with it all. How many non-Commissioned ranks are going to jump ship, as soon as they are able to. Why should people continue to serve a nation that not only puts them in harms way, but treats them and more importantly, their families like an inconvenience. The way both Individuals and Units move around, its important for children to have a steady education system in place, especially in the Secondary system. With the different Exam boards, its is only possible to maintain continuity in their education if they move to the region of the UK that is responsible for their previous school. Its not just about CEA its all the other things that have been cut. Yes we can argue that its tough shit, and that people in Britain have less than the military and get over it, but one of the main reasons why people join, is to get off the streets and into a system or family community that they don't have at home. And all the little things the military offer to go with it. Like it or not, alot of soldiers depend on the little perks, just to make staying in the military that little bit more attractive. "Yes i'm away in Afghanistan/Iraq for 6 months with 4 months build up training, but at least my wife/family have all these 'extras' make it easier".
A prisoner who has no legal right to live in Britain can rape and kill someone, get sent down for their crimes, and be able to live better than some soldiers.
The MOD spent 1.2million pounds of the Defence's money on art work for the corridors, they also spent 100,000 pounds on office chairs, 6 months after buying new office chairs!
The Government needs to look inside itself to make savings before it starts cutting its own nations throat. History has a nasty way of repeating itself
"Hear! Hear!

well, I am at my 16 1/2 point caught in the pension trap, however i know my pension is not what is was guaranteed, so an extra loss. Also part of the pension payable at 65 may be moved to 70. I have to drive 10,000 miles a year (no service vehicle available, no accommodation either, HTD) My HTD was lowered by 20% whilst fuel went up 15% and is due to go up 3% in the New Year, the accommodation (married Unaccompanied) is a annex as there is no room in the mess, it is half the size of a caravan with absolute zero storage. Heating does not work and the ablutions are ajoke.

Currently APC have tried on three seperate occaisions to kick me out, (they have commited several career fouls and are trying earnestly to cover them up)

I cannot get a mortgage as there is no one who would be willing to help out with this.

JPA is designed to save money by making it nigh on impossible for a non SPS guru to understand it,

I am nearly prone to walking, though the grass is browner on the outside.

Should have tried harder at school

Attachments

I think you're wrong, there are plenty of opportunities out there, but I suppose it is difficult to see a way forward if you are as totally pissed off and fed up as you sound.

Though I would say that if you are being treated badly, it's time to think 'fuck 'em' and start getting yourself ready for the rest of your life.

Its not jus the Officers who are fucked off with it all. How many non-Commissioned ranks are going to jump ship, as soon as they are able to. Why should people continue to serve a nation that not only puts them in harms way, but treats them and more importantly, their families like an inconvenience. The way both Individuals and Units move around, its important for children to have a steady education system in place, especially in the Secondary system. With the different Exam boards, its is only possible to maintain continuity in their education if they move to the region of the UK that is responsible for their previous school. Its not just about CEA its all the other things that have been cut. Yes we can argue that its tough shit, and that people in Britain have less than the military and get over it, but one of the main reasons why people join, is to get off the streets and into a system or family community that they don't have at home. And all the little things the military offer to go with it. Like it or not, alot of soldiers depend on the little perks, just to make staying in the military that little bit more attractive. "Yes i'm away in Afghanistan/Iraq for 6 months with 4 months build up training, but at least my wife/family have all these 'extras' make it easier".
A prisoner who has no legal right to live in Britain can rape and kill someone, get sent down for their crimes, and be able to live better than some soldiers.
The MOD spent 1.2million pounds of the Defence's money on art work for the corridors, they also spent 100,000 pounds on office chairs, 6 months after buying new office chairs!
The Government needs to look inside itself to make savings before it starts cutting its own nations throat. History has a nasty way of repeating itself
Amen P-G. Fkukin A!

Oh don't even get me started. I am almost praying for redundancy and the lump sum it would bring me - but love my job and the lads on the other hand.
My guys are a pretty decent bunch - honest, fairly law abiding (it is with an almost sense of shame when nobody admits to getting arrested over the weekend). They live in barracks which were condemed in the late 90's whilst another (Aaaaarghhhh) Regt lives in Z type - and have so far set fire to them twice.
I have met quite a few decent seniors in my time - including one who tipped up in a non issue cardigan with a scout camping badge on it (it made me giggle, although I had to explain it to quite a few people. TBH I would rate it higher than quite a few military courses - if only due to the quality of the adult leadership).

Latest Threads