Hand Signals

I was watching the Peacemaker with George Clooney and noticed that he gave the raised clenched fist signal when he wanted everyone to stop. In my day it meant snap ambush. What is the correct signal?

Either a 'snapping' motion followed by a brecon point, or a spread hand over the face followed by brecon point.

I've seen both used.

The snapping motion as far as I'm concerned is a bit arrse seeing as the only type of ambush you're going to perform ad hoc is a snap ambush.

Therefore surely the spread hand over the face followed by Warminster chop suffices without the requirement to take ones hand off the rifle to preform a "twig snapping motion".

Seems logical to me....

Big fish, little fish cardboard box!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Rifle-Green-Sex-Machine said:
so is the clenched fist still used for FSG then?
Yes.

(I love the easy questions !)

Snapping motion, hand over face then the ubiquitous point meant break track, snap ambush from the location of said point IIRC. But PCD was a while ago....

Snap Ambush hand signal used to be hand over the face followed by a quick thumbs down and point to the intended fire position.

What the one where the bloke in front turns around to face you and makes a ring with his thumb and index finger and moves his arm up and down in the vicinity of his crotch while nodding at you?

Lairdx said:
What the one where the bloke in front turns around to face you and makes a ring with his thumb and index finger and moves his arm up and down in the vicinity of his crotch while nodding at you?

it means, 'Have you seen Lairdx?' ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bravo_Bravo The Training Wing 56
Midlander Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 2
PAXBloke The NAAFI Bar 1