Hand made regimental Badges

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Billy Badger, Feb 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

I recently made this badge for a friend, i was wondering if people would be interested in them. They are made in MDF and can be made to any size. I am currently obtaining permission from the MOD to market and sell them. Any cap badge can be made, I have made Artillery, Para, RM Commando and Dagger badges.

Interested in any comments.

Billy S

Attached Files:

2. Do you also supply the forty foot beret to mount it on?
    • Like Like x 4
  3. 67 and 7/8th should do the trick!
  4. Most Paras that I've seen in the news recently already appear to be wearing berets of that size.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. To match the badge or the head?

Go on, let's see the others. Are they for indoor use only or do they have some resistance to water? What's the finish? It doesn't look like paint.
  6. They're proper bo mate!

I'll have 800 loggy ones with a 16 foot diameter.

Give me a shout when you've finished them and I'll nip down to Colly with my chequebook, in my Bedford Rascal to collect.
  7. I be reckon its printed on poster paper and slapped onto some mdf that's cut out to shape.

How much are these canny large badges?
  8. Can we have a bag of Tudor with them as well?
  9. The badges are hand drawn then painted. They are varnished. The price will be about £80 if i get permission to sell them, each badge takes about 3 days to make.
  10. RA badge i made a few weeks ago
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Not bad Billy and a reasonable price.

If anyone is after a much more expensive badge done in slate or wood there's a business here in Shetland do a good job. A friend had a set of slate table mats and coasters with Queens Own Highlanders badge ... very lush:

Military Plaques - New Scatness Carvings

(I'm sure the Scatness name will cause a giggle ... it's Old Norse rather than poo games!)
  12. beautiful, how much for a Royal Green Jackets badge mate?

13. I really cannot sell any yet as the MOD owns the property rights. I could make one and see what it comes out like, then when i get set up I will be able to sell them. what size are you after, and if possible do you have a high resolution picture?
  14. The price would be £80, then i have no idea what posting cost would be.