Hamstring Injury

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Tring-REME, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I am due to start at ATR Bassingbourn for Phase 1 on the 20th of February however i tweaked my hamstring playing football and i am cautious about running etc..

It is not as bad as a tear i presume as i can walk on it and i have been resting it, i can however still cycle 3.0km..

I just want some advice please as to when you think i should commence running, stupid question i know but i thought i would ask as someone on here must have been in the same boat! :)

Thanks in advance

2. If you can afford it, get yourself to a physio ASAP.

3. Thanks for your prompt response mate, i dont think i will have the funds to do so..

Obviously i need to start training so i was thinking about alternative ways to keep my fitness?
    If it doesnt heal in time, will i have to change my date?

4. I'm not going to give out advice incase you fcuk yourself up even more.

You should phone your recruiter regarding changing dates, if your not confident about the injury being healed in time.

Good luck

5. I think The_Iron will be along shortly to give you some sound advice, so don't do anything too rash yet like changing dates.

6. For once Im impressed with your replies LN.............I would definately go in and speak to your Recruiter and also to your GP as you wont manage Basic training if not 100%. However getting a new training date for Basic will be extremely tight and not definate so if its going to heal within a few weeks and not give you any problems then stick with your date. In the mean time swimming and non impact phys.

7. U live near the sea mate,if u do get urself into it twice a day up to ur waist.If not,cold water and ice in the bath its a bitch but it works a treat.Best of luck

8. Then film it and make a montage. Seriously though get some decent compression type shorts to help prevent the same from happening again. Best of luck mate.

9. Thanks for all your responses..

I am currently undergoing physio and he is adamant that i will be ok for Basic, i am generally a fit lad and will hopefully be ok as per the physios words!

Watch this space!

10. Good Luck & keep us informed!!

11. Cheers mate, going to try my first light run today for 1.5 miles to see how i fare..

Been cycling so shouldnt be too unfit! :)

12. Not doing too bad, managed to do two 3 milers but timed the first 1.5 miles and got 9"30 so its not as bad as i thought!

Can keep getting that down before hand :)

13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Lovely. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.