Hampshire Country Fair!

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by ugly, May 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

2. What are mouted games? Some kind of country thing?

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not sure, I suspect pony racing and tent pegging etc, I'll hopefully be too busy to find out!

4. I might try to drag the wife and kids up there mate , I like the way the poster reads " Bank Holiday Sunday and Sunday" you would have thought someone would have noticed it ... :rofl:

Btw, what stall is it you have just so we can come and cadge a free cuppa ?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not sure if I'll have the brew kit on the go but I'm working on persuading the wife. We will be in a Blue Marquee with Paws for Thought on the banner. It may turn out damp apparently, so nothing new, if it aint raining we aint trading!

6. Lol, if it ain't raining it ain't Britain, hoping to get there Monday it's just a jaunt down the M27 .. :wink:

7. Might pop up - spot the deliberate mistake on their poster: Bank holiday Sunday and Sunday!? Shoot the printers! :wink:

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We will be in the top right hand corner of the B arena, we have just returned to load the car for tomorrow, I couldnt set up the Gazebo/marquee as it was blowing like a ten man room on curry night. Hoping all goes well tomorrow. We should be easy to find splattered in mud drinking tea and looking like proper Brits on a bank holiday, dour!
    Edited to add its the arena nearest the entrance I think!

9. We'll be there ugly; looking forward to lurking near your stand! :D

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have sneaked some sort of brew kit on board, apparently the rain should clear by the afternoon. I dont care as all my pigs are fed and ready to fly!

11. Sorry ugly, it's not clear what we need to look out for? Call me thick...

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Bright blue marquee, Paws for thought on the banner if its still upright, on the right at the rear of the first arena and before the food area.

13. See you there mate. I'll have the telegraph under my left arm and a red rose behind my right ear.

14. I thought they were dogs :D

15. Ugly's stall was very busy when Mrs Tombs and myself got there in the afternoon, sadly we don't have a dog yet so didn't buy anything from him.
    It looks like a great day out and is on tomorrow as well, I particularly enjoyed the terrier racing.

Attached Files: