Hammond at Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was wondering what it was like to watch the seconds tick away before the whistle blew. Maybe you ought to stop being such a hysterical big girl's blouse seeing something to shriek about everywhere you look.

images-51.jpeg

K

ken dilun

for a minute there i thought you meant Richard Hammond, top gear,

why did you have to get my hopes up?

Camp Bastion falls silent to mark Armistice Day - Telegraph

On the video: after about 15 seconds Hammond looks at his watch - why would he do that? Not interested? not sure what the time is? late for something more important? Tells me everything I need to know about the cnut.
Your 2nd post with nearly 5 years between your first and you can't manage to get people outraged.
Wait until sunday and the experts on here will show you how to do it properly.

Hammond is a politician. In my opinion he has NOT got what it takes to be a outstanding defence minister, his body language together with how he talks is all wrong for this roll that brother David imposed on him.

Odds on that he will still be in this roll by this time next year ..... Slim.

Just another here today gone tomorrow British defence minister really.

The fact that he looked at his watch with agitation during the two minute silence says it all.

B.T.W Can anyone confirm my suspicion that in the last four seconds of the video, his posture suggests that he has his hands in his pockets !

Sad, very sad.

Camp Bastion falls silent to mark Armistice Day - Telegraph

On the video: after about 15 seconds Hammond looks at his watch - why would he do that? Not interested? not sure what the time is? late for something more important? Tells me everything I need to know about the cnut.
To be honest the action is so exagerated it looks like a nervous gesture. Timing is vitally important during the ceremony, perhaps he wanted to be really sure they were getting it right?

The impressive thing from that clip for me is the way the Spams are mingled amongst the ranks, doing our private thing our way, a thoroughly decent gesture.

Hammond is a politician. In my opinion he has NOT got what it takes to be a outstanding defence minister, his body language together with how he talks is all wrong for this roll that brother David imposed on him.

Odds on that he will still be in this roll by this time next year ..... Slim.

Just another here today gone tomorrow British defence minister really.

The fact that he looked at his watch with agitation during the two minute silence says it all.

Sad, very sad.
Yes you are!

To be honest the action is so exagerated it looks like a nervous gesture. Timing is vitally important during the ceremony, perhaps he wanted to be really sure they were getting it right?
I've seen officers/RSM do the same for the reason you give (A bit more discreetly, but then soldiers are know not to wave their arms around like that, I doubt the Defence Secretary get much practice at marching)

A politician is in theatre to participate in one of the most important and poignant ceremonies of the year and that is ignored because he looks at his watch; which (as Western says) appears to be a nervous act.

There are too many ********* on here who just get outraged. They'd be the same arrseholes who'd get outraged if he wasn't there, if he didn't wear a tie etc etc

Is that more outraged or less outraged than 'utterly outraged'?
I think 'utterly' = completely, so is as outraged as it is possible to be. '****ing outraged' still has room for escalation. For example I'm fairly outraged that I've just seen a British soldier saluting like a septic at an Armistice Day parade in Ganners, however this is reduced to mildly outraged when it is apparent that he is probably an officer. I am however utterly outraged that I refered to Afghanistan as 'Ganners' and my head has exploded with the sheer emotion of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.