Hammer your MP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by feckemall, May 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this:

Its a great way of venting frustration against the unaccountable tax spenders . . .

My particular MP is joint 1st for claims! He is being grilled on that for starters . . .

He doesn't claim for a London home, but that may be his excuse for hardly attending Parliament. And as for his opposition for Gay Rights - whats his problem?
  2. £29K on incidental expenses ? He's 12th on that the tubby b'stard but other than that he's around the 300 - 500 mark which isn't bad I s'pose.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

aarrrgggghhh! You got me good and proper you did! That's a wah if ever I saw one. I've just been to my shed, had a good rummage around and found my trusty olde Sledge Hammer!

Merely posting a message to my MP will just bury me in vacuous inanities and lies. Why on earth do I want to subject myself to that?
  4. It will keep him busy at the screen while you creep up behind hin and as they say in Gotham City - Thwak-Kapow-Ggrrnnth etc
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I like your style - I think that idea has got legs, or as Delores Clairbourne said in 'Misery' . . . . . :twisted:
  6. What if you're MP is Gordon Brown? :?
  7. Which they don't pay attention to. Some overworked researcher is on that link, and frankly, many of them don't give much of a toss either. If you're emailing @parliament.gov.uk , you may as well tie the note round a housebrick and hoick it through a random window.

They do have alternate email addys on kix? I think. Those tend to get through. Far better phoning the constituency office and requesting a seat on the next surgery.
  8. Correct. In exactly the same way that the much vaunted Downing St Petition is totally ignored if it produces the goods. Our voice counts for one day in every 1825 days, and that is it. The government is just insulting our intelligence if it pretends otherwise. Petitions, letters, faxes and emails are as much use as John Major's flurry of 'charters'. It's just feel-good politics.