Hamas: We’ll recognize Israel within 67 borders

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3250052,00.html

3. Clever move by Hamas. Be seen to be offering an olive branch, safe in the knowledge that Israel will never accept it, and you gain international sympathy.
  4. NotyouAgain!

Hezbollah is Lebanese political party. No one country recognzes the annexion of Golan Heights. I doubt that Hamas would do it.
  5. Hamas have held that position for years...
  6. Shebah is the name of the place, you are right to point out Jerusalem, that was the sticking point at the Barak / Arafat talks before the second Intifada.

The rhetoric of Hamas is quite clear. They would prefer to unite with Fatah to fight Israel rather then look for real time diplomatic solutions.

IMHO - Hamas is not a partner for peace but again one can live in hope!!
  7. Israel will not accept it but they can make a counter offer that Hamas will not accept. It will end up much as it was before. Russia and Iran with a contribution from Europe will support Hamas and the US can support Israel. Israel will build its fence and the conflict will continue.
  8. Yes, but by making the offer first (in this particular instance - I know that it has been made before and will be again), they'll pick up the initial sympathy vote whereas, no matter what offer the Israelis make in return, the general view will be that they turned down the olive branch.
  9. Neo-Con: That certainly looks the way it is going with Olmert looking for closure within the next few years as far as firm boundaries with or without the Pals.
  10. You are right They may win the sympathy contest which would give cover for the funding of Hamas . You are a better judge as to how it will play in Britain and Europe than I am. In the US Hamas has less credibility than the PA.

In the middle east if you predict the "conflict will continue" you are almost always right . It would be nice to be wrong