Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halloween decorations

WTF are you whittering on about ?. The only time we see the Chinese is when I order a take away .

I'm saying it's the Chinese (not the ones in your local takeaway) that are producing and selling you the Halloween tat and not the Yanks.

It's hardly the fault of the Yanks if the people in the UK copy trick or treat

There has to be a market for the Halloween tat over there otherwise the shops wouldn't be selling it.

End of whitter :blowkiss:

wheel

LE
I'm saying it's the Chinese (not the ones in your local takeaway) that are producing and selling you the Halloween tat and not the Yanks.

It's hardly the fault of the Yanks if the people in the UK copy trick or treat

There has to be a market for the Halloween tat over there otherwise the shops wouldn't be selling it.

End of whitter :blowkiss:
If thats the case the Chinese have hijacked Christmas. But its the Yanks fault that Santa is dressed in Red.

If thats the case the Chinese have hijacked Christmas. But its the Yanks fault that Santa is dressed in Red.

Aw hey mate, you don't mess with the Coca Cola Company.

The only time we see the Chinese is when I order a take away .

Speaking of which, I see that the Chinese take away's in the UK are to start giving out free Covid-19 testing kits with each order.

FB_IMG_1603395028153.jpg

JCC

War Hero
Apparently it was "souling"
According to Brown (1992) Souling was performed in Birmingham and parts of the West Midlands;[77] and according to Raven (1965) the tradition was also kept in parts of the Black Country.[78] The prevalence of Souling was so localised in some parts of Staffordshire that it was observed in Penn but not in Bilston, both localities now in modern Wolverhampton.[79][80] In Staffordshire, the "custom of Souling was kept on All Saints' Eve" (halloween

"The custom of ‘trick or treat’ was founded in Ireland when children and the poor went from door to door at Halloween. They sang songs or offered prayers for the soul of the dead in return for food, usually a soul cake which was a flattened bread that contained fruit. This tradition was known as ‘Souling’."

Living off the beaten track these days I must admit that I do kind of miss the kids coming around at halloween. It was great seeing them all dressed up and having loads of fun.
I imagine our neighborhood will be a lively place. Will be having a small party before the evenings entertainment to pre game.

I imagine our neighborhood will be a lively place. Will be having a small party before the evenings entertainment to pre game.

Found out yesterday from herself that the Granddaughters are coming over for Halloween. Once we get rid of the grownups it''l be fun.

You should have a blast then. It should be a pretty good time in the neighborhood. One house last year was passing out beer for the parents!

As well as the Halloween fun one of our cows is due to give birth around about the time the wee ones are here. Both have seen calves being born but this time they want to help.

philc

LE
I hold no truck with it, another US import designed to open my wallet however fair play to this bloke, so realistic the Police have been called.

ElXHHJTX0AcBATQ.jpg

Latest Threads