Halloween, aka Demanding Money with Menaces

I hate halloween (and I can't always spell it corrrectly)

• Total voters
Every feckin' year! IT ISN'T HALLOWEEN, IT'S FECKIN' SAMHAIN.:frustrated::boogie:
spinquisition.gif

Every feckin' year! IT ISN'T HALLOWEEN, IT'S FECKIN' SAMHAIN.:frustrated::boogie:
View attachment 357474

Just admit that our campaign to upend your traditions is slowly succeeding. The American culture wars are our most successful method to make you more like us. Assimilate or die!! Besides give it another generation and Halloween will be mainstream in the UK.

But who in their right mind gives out money?!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
We have one decorated pumpkin on the front porch now! The wife has even decorated the house. Welcome to America fit in or feck off! Halloween shall be a great time.
Hotel_California gets it right sometimes, like this time.

Just admit that our campaign to upend your traditions is slowly succeeding. The American culture wars are our most successful method to make you more like us. Assimilate or die!! Besides give it another generation and Halloween will be mainstream in the UK.

But who in their right mind gives out money?!
You will never succeed, a penny for the guy mister. :muhaha:

The most annoying thing is, in the 70's, when I was a lad, Halloween wasn't even thought about, it was something that happened in America, on cartoons like Charlie Brown, kids didn't wander round demanding "candy", or gobbing off about "Trick or treat"!, we concentrated our efforts on Penny for the Guy to buy fireworks for Bonfire Night. I hate the way we end up following the Americans on everything, from policy to language! Fucknuts!
Give it a few years and we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with them and 4th July will become a new Bank Holiday.

There's not much left to import from the US as far as customs and traditions are concerned.
'Prom Night' instead of a good ol' school disco. Boys in tuxedos and girls in ball gowns and being delivered to the school gates in some over the top motor.
Pumpkins instead of a turnip or swede (at least your mum ended up making something with the bits that were dug out from a swede) Pumpkin? Who eats pumpkin in this country? Such a waste of 'food'

Give it a few years and we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with them and 4th July will become a new Bank Holiday.

There's not much left to import from the US as far as customs and traditions are concerned.
'Prom Night' instead of a good ol' school disco. Boys in tuxedos and girls in ball gowns and being delivered to the school gates in some over the top motor.
Pumpkins instead of a turnip or swede (at least your mum ended up making something with the bits that were dug out from a swede) Pumpkin? Who eats pumpkin in this country? Such a waste of 'food'

Pumpkin Pie???

Come to Lewes in Sussex and watch us burn effigies, septics included (it's more fun than trick or treat):